10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea:
1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content)
read all input files and merge them to input param 1
ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am a newbie!!!
I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
So i have directories that store logs, 1 directorie for each day, with the name like this :
and for each directorie we have the logs, inside them lives the logs for that day, and every log have this name pattern :
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need a script to delete a large set of files from a directory under / based on an input file and want to redirect errors into separate file.
I have already prepared a list of files in the input file.
Kndly help me.
Prash (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1) I wrote a script and gave the desired permissions using "chmod 755 scriptname". Now if i edit the script file, why do i need to set the permission again? Didn't i set the permission attribute.. or if i edit the file, does the inode number of file changes?
2) I am running my unix on a server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then
Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file.
File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1
I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :-
objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help.
I have 2 input files (example given below)
Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm looking to delete some files from directories.
I've just put in a file the location of these files.
in file supprs.txt there is:
Is it possible to take this file "supprs.txt" as a parameter in a shell command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am getting error when the file (Folder or Application) path having space is given as external input to the shell program.
It works fine for the files which has no spaces in the file name
Thans, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshav.murthy@r