10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error
date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01"
date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01"
keep giving me this error :
date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01'
Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have file in which it has 2000 records like,
previously i used for loop to find the date check like below,
for i in `cat test.txt`
d=`echo $i | cut -c9-10| sed 's/^0*//'`;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mechvijays
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi Unix Gurus,
I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi! how do i know if the input is the same as the required date format? the date should be dd/mm/YYYY ex. 2/3/2012 or 15/11/2012
all the following conditions must return an error:
*input of string
*day is > 31 or < 1
*month is > 12 or < 1
*year is < 2013
suppose the date format is stored... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angilulu
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have 2 questions.
I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD.
1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too.
2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have an input file such as below
I would like to know how i would be able to find items created before 2011-10-01
Appreciate any expert advice. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I had a scenario...
1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format
2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format
both are different
thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
how to check input date format.
for example $input_date must be in format dd.mm.gg
script is execute like this:
$CMD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column.
I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this?
02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a date field in my input file.
I just want to check if its in the format "DD-MM-YYYY".
Is there any command which can achieve this?
Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAA