10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am working on shell scripting.My script is completed but I have one task that is to trigger the batch script(with or without parameter) from my shell scripting(reside on linux system) and output which is geneareted by the batch should e.g. if batch script creates any files then I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
I need run a command such as ps -ef |grep xxx on a batch of servers, how to write a script to run it without password? don't need go in each server to check?
Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code,
c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh
i need to run the script.sh in my remote server
Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am writting a script which is SFTPing from Solaris to Windows.
I need to run a Batch script in SFTP session (ongoing) which will map a network drive and then transfer my files.
I can run the Batch script via SSH but not via SFTP and this mapping is limited to that SSH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I require need help in two aspects actually:
1) Fatal error that gets generated as %F% from a log file say ABClog.dat to trigger a mail. At present I manually grep the log file as <grep %F% ABClog.dat| cut-d "%" -f1>. The idea is to use this same logic to grep the log file which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zico1986
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi how do I use vi to do change some strings in a shell script loop
1. Run ls first, for each file that contains the word salesreport*.txt, do the following
2. use vi to run the following ex command : "1,$s/1975/1945/ig, wq"
Please tell me how to do this in vi, not sed. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
So, I created a file named TEST.BAT in my home directory.
In it, I wrote:
and then, saved the file.
Then, at the command-line interface, I typed TEST.BAT, but the command-line never executes the file and thus, never returns "Hello". It says "command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Im new to unix shell scripting, I have to run batch jobs on unix. for example i have 5 jobs. first 2 can kickoff parallely. after completely finishing the 2 previous jobs the 3 job should kick off..once 3rd is over 4 th and 5th can kick off parallely. Each jobs run for 1 or 2 hours each.
How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venki311
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I'm working on Windows, connecting to my Unix account by different ways: by FTP opening files in UltraEdit32, by mapping drive to browse, by Exceed or Telnet to compile at Unix account. Actually, that is what I would like to change:
I'd like to make a batch file which would connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olgafb
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am very very new in Unix. Thank you for your forum : many answers for my dummy questions !
Today, I have a script that works well. I want it to run daily. How can I do ? What can I search in man ???
Thank you in advance.
A. MARTINEZ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar