10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a question regarding how to connect to Oracle Database through shell script.
1. If I want call a stored procedure on Linux server as this, it works.
SQL*Plus: Release 220.127.116.11.0 Production on Fri Jun 12 14:49:49 2015
Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle. All rights... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect.
I have tried like below,
cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL
... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi Unix Gurus,
I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
4. UNIX and Linux Applications
I am new in this forum and need your help as I am totally confused :confused:
I read a lot of threads and tried to search a lot but did not get the exact answer to my question.
I just want a simple (content wise may be long) shell script to create oracle database.
In detail:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahoolm
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
How to fetch data from oracle database in unix shell scripting.
list=`sqlplus -s ds_user/dsuser@EMI <<EOF
set feedback off
set serveroutput on
set heading off
set pagesize 0
set tab off
select IP_ID from table
The output is not what i expected.I need output in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know
1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script
2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frns5
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Does any one have any idea on uploading the data using Unix Shell script from text file to Oracle database.
1. Need to connect to Oracle database from Unix Shell script.
2. Need to pick Text file from some location on Unix Box.
3. Need to upload the data from text file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrashekharj
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are
1. The Control file name(.ctl file)
2. The Data file name(.csv file)
Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan