8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a data sample as shown below. I want to fill in the left column so that the line will be continuous. For example, between 1 and 5 should be 2,3,4. And corresponding values in the right column will be 0. Thus the expected data should look like that:
2 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theanh0508
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have 5 files with two columns. I need to merge all the 5 files based on column 1. If any of them are missing then corresponding 2nd column should be substituted by missing value.
I know hoe to do this for 2 files. but how can I implement for 5 files. I tried this based on 5 files but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi, please help with this, I need to insert missing values into a matrix for a regression analysis.
I have made up an example. The first three columns are variables with levels and the next 3 are values, the 4th column missing values should be replaced by 0s, and 5th and 6th column missing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have to text files that I want to merge by the first column. The values in the first column pretty much match for the first part. However there are some values that are present in column 1 and not present in column 2 or vice versa. For such values I would like to substitute X for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below.
- I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2.
- I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have several directories with a sequence of files like this
I would like to print out the name of the file that is missing.
I currently have the following ineffecient way to do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have 100 .txt files which look like this:
Now, some files have some numbers missing in them and they look like this:
6 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Please help on this:
I have file1:
<file title="Title 1 and 2">
<date>October 07, 2009</date>
... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus