I have these questions for my unix class that I can't figure out because I missed a couple of days. They are for a quiz we took last week so by answering the questions you are not bettering my grade or doing my homework. I just want to understand was the answers. My teacher is really bad at explaining things.
1. Matcha line containing the assignment of a value to a legal shell variable in grep.
2. Match a word containing a repeating sequence of characters, with one or more characters in between, in grep, e.g., match "abcxyabc" or "xax", but not "abcd" or "aa".
3. Exchange the second and third words on a line with at least 4 words in sed, leaving the rest unchanged, e.g., "hi there joe kool" becomes "hi joe there kool", but "hi there joe" is unchanged.
4. Match lines containing one or more letters immediately followed by one or more digits in grep, e.g., match "abc123" or "a7" but not "az-12".
5. Match lines containing a repeating sequence of letters followed at any distance by one or more digits in grep, e.g., match "axax123" or "aaxyz7" but not "az12" in grep.
Hi all, i have found a set questions from the net, i thought it will be great to ask and share with you gurus.
I have the questions and some answers (correct me, if i am wrong) for these set of questions.
1. What file do you modify to change the mail aliases (Provide the full path) ?
Ans:... (1 Reply)
1st) how can i print only directories?
2nd) how can i print files that someone used in the last X days (for example, 5).
thanks very much, i need it for homework and teacher teachs us nothing:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupErioR
3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators
I'm not so sure that this thread should have been closed. Though it was clearly homework the student was asking a specific question related to the assignment, but not the answer to the whole assignment.
IMHO The solution is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methyl
4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators
I had a thread open and now it says it's closed. I had a question still on the forum and about 15mins after I posted my most recent question on it the thread said "closed". Why did this happen? I didn't violate any forum rules. Is there a limit on how many postings you can have in a single thread?... (1 Reply)