10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Proxy Server
I have a requirement of following -
1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server
2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time
3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions
Is there any command which we can try connecting unix from windows without using any third party tool.
Thanks in advance
KVB (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
We have a requirement where in the user needs to select a option 4 from the menu and the putty window should be closed.I tried giving exit 0 ;; and this is only exiting from the script menu and showing back the prompt.Is there a way for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopalt
4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I created a user in my AIX 5.3 system and i modified /etc/passwd file in and assigned this user the uid=0 like root user.
The problem is that when this user log into the system through putty it asks for root password instead of the user password.
As a result of this, if i reset the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobla01
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i was having problem on unix command.here's my script
%server_exe% sgxaspecs3@sporc01 -pw pit54321 -b c:\filecopy\file_sporc01putfiles2.txt
echo "file uploaded to SFTP Server"
ok the thing is like this, i could login to putty by running this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
hi. im new here. im taking a UNIX OS class and im in need of some help
how do i change my shell in UNIX?
for homework i need to edit the tcshrc file (to include aliases) in my home directory but its not there. so i think switching shells will create the file. am i correct?
I'm using PuTTy.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpha_centauri
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
is it possible in the first place?
if so, how should I go about it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
hi i'm logged on to my schools unix machine via putty. how do i open/view a jpg picture file that is there on my root catalog? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javatutor