10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I do have an EBCDIC file sent from the z/os , this file has records with different record types in it, the type of record is identified by bytes 45-46 like
value 12 has employee record
value 14 has salaray record and etc....
we do now want to split the big ebcdic file into multiple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okkadu
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
suppose, entered input is of 1-40 bytes, i need it to be converted to 40 bytes exactly.
example: if i have entered my name anywhere between 1-40 i want it to be stored with 40 bytes exactly.
enter your name:
donald duck (this is of 11 bytes)
expected is as below - display 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shravan.300
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hello guys. I really hope someone will help me with this one..
So, I have to write this script who:
- creates a file home/student/vmdisk of 10 mb
- formats that file to ext3
- mounts that partition to /mnt/partition
- creates a file /mnt/partition/data. In this file, there will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razolo13
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
1) I need a shell code to count the number of files ( without directories or sub-directories ) in a directory given as arguments I tried this code but it didn't work , maybe I tried the wrong one:
numOfFiles=`find $1 -type f -maxdepth 1 | wc -l`
I found it in another thread in this site..
... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1985
If I want to copy a 1024 byte data stream in to the target location in 3-bytes chunk, I guess I can use the following script.
dd bs=1024 count=3 if=/src of=/dest
But, I would like to know, how to do it via a C program. I have tried this with memcpy(), that did not help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
While running script I am getting an error like
Few lines in data are not being processed.
After googling it I came to know that adding such line would give some memory to it
my input file size is 1 GB.
Is that memory limit is based on RAM we have on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to find and delete 0-4 bytes size files in a folder.
How can I achieve that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilk
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I want to find zero byte files in the given folder for the given day.
I know we can use find . -size 0 -mtime 0
But is there an option for file creation.?
ls -lart | grep ' 0 Apr 24' will also work.
Also is there any alternative using awk ?
I want to know how to use awk in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Does anybody know or guide me on how to remove the first N bytes and the last N bytes from a binary file? Is there any AWK or SED or any command that I can use to achieve this?
Your help is greatly appreciated!!
Naveen. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Can anyone tell how to list all files in current directory which has more than 0 bytes? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri2005