10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep
I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited).
gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
This is my first post, so please forgive my obvious lack of UNIX knowledge. I am trying/needing to write a script that follows this functional flow:
1. Access a config file that contains format:<directory> <filetype> <daterange>
<directory> <filetype> <daterange>
<directory>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WildBeard83
3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
Need help on moving .csv file from unix to windows file path. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hello ALL, i hope everyone is fine here.
I have found some directories that have 777 permission with below command.
find ./ -type d -perm 0777
I want that if there is any php|html|css file found in above directory so move those... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
Please help with the following questions
1) how can i find size of a file ? i have written du -k $flname > s1 . Is this right ?
Any other better suggeastions ?
2) how do I use mv command for moving the file ? I need the syntax with some examples
3) Command for printing the total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learning!
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a configuration file for solaris zones that I generate as part of another script but I need to move part of the text to the end of the file prior to execution and I'm having problems getting the syntax correct on the sed command.
The file looks like this:
set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibbles
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
#some other text
#some other text
I have a file where i need to push all the text starting from address1 till end of file to, below . Can anyone of you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthgoodboy
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves.
Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I trying to extract certain text from a csv file and then placing it into another csv file, but having problems getting the data to placed in one line with tab separated fields.
Basically would like to have text sent to interfaces.csv in one line seperated by tabs. As it currently places files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 00000008
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have this text in a file where I need to move part of the text....
<Relation1 OriginatingObjectID="Holding_1" RelatedObjectID="Party_1" id="Relation_1">
<RelatedObjectType tc="6">Party</RelatedObjectType>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath