10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
Is it possible to display processes which have been running for more than a 5hrs using a variation of the ps -ef command?
Manny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantas44
2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function.
when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel
i just want to display only the first 5 running process.
is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following:
1) Ask the user what process they want to search for.
2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process.
3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
how to display the messages on screen IN PERL such as "
1. Entering while loop" if the script enters a while loop.
2. Checking FILENAME. etc...
3. Print statement is also not helpful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Quick question, someone will hopefully be able to stop me from :wall:.
I currently have a script which calls a script on a remote machine and captures the stdout to a file:
ssh <user>@<server> > output 2>/dev/null <<_EOF
This runs the script but the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Suppose I am a Unix user, not a root.
I can see all commands in running by ps -elf, or some similar commands. Such commands may be submit by other Unix users.
Is there a way that I can display those commands with their full parameters/options. For example, I can see a user is running "ls"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy_lotus
7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions
I was, not too long ago, an OS X home user. One of the things I remember from using the Apple-installed Terminal is: whenever an executable that took more than a split second to do its thing was running, its name would appear in the title bar in a way similar to "Terminal: ssh" or "Terminal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
hi is there any way i can display a countdown time needed to run a script? like load a counter at the beginning of the script with the estimated time and display the counter decrementing till it finishes running the script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
Runing p550Q via HMC
I'd like to start using graphic interface CDE:
lslpp -l | grep X11.Dt*
X11.Dt.ToolTalk -- AIX CDE ToolTalk Support
X11.Dt.bitmaps -- AIX CDE Bitmaps
X11.Dt.helpmin -- AIX CDE Minimum Help Files
X11.Dt.helprun -- AIX CDE Runtime Help
X11.Dt.lib -- AIX CDE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silves
10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I have one AIX box (5.1 with CDE running) and one Linux box ( FC3 with GNOME on it). What I want to be able to do is : SSH from the Linux box into the AIX box and then open an X term to launch a X window application. I am not able to do that. My guess is that the window mangers and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier