10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I run the following command using the command line. I need to run the same command in shell script :
start is a parameter that passes to start.server to startup services within start.server.
the path to sas.server is /path/Lev1
Here is my code:
set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have application commands to execute in shell script it is something like this. i will login with user data it takes me to $ prompt. Example given below
ps : xxxx
$ MNSinput --this takes me to greater than prompt >
> ops --this is command i enter this output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: udaykrishna
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a scenario :
1. A list of servers naming server21, server 22, server 23 etc. This list of servers is separate for my environments.
Env1 has 3 server
Env2 has 5 serves
Env3 has 10 servers
2. Each server accesses application through which I want to invoke some method. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a requirement to shut down and start up my application on different environments (Dev, QA and Prod).
I have around 24 servers. I have to login to each server manually for shutinng down the application.
I wrote a shell command on each server and I am invoking those shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDSR Raju
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
i want script for this one
1. Download the zip from the ftp
2. Take backup of the current application
3. Deploy the zip in webapps
Unzip the file.
4. Configure DB values.
5. Restart tomcat
janny. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan999999
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
If typing lsof -i :80 ,
I get the name as *:http (LISTEN) and some othr like this. what command is to get the exact application name like mozzilla firefox or lotus notes or like that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
is there any command to findout that which application is using the particular port.
or whether any port is occupied with the specfic process id ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hello everyone, I am new to UNIX and computers in general. However I recently started using the command line, and I have to say that it's a blast. It's so much fun to learn all these things, and it's quite handy too.
I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8 and I want to uninstall an application that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HoldenCaulfield
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a shell script which will start some application lets say "Windows media player".
Please let me know your inputs.
Thanks in advance,
Niyati (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niyati
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I just learnt the shell scripting and got working on that right now. I have one problem.
Here i am having a java application that needs to be start and stop using two shell scripts, i.e., starting the java application using one shell script and stopping the application using another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadha