9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed
From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file
a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file???
case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have created an empty html file wtih permissoin 777
created shell script(with permission 777) , code is below.
rm -rf /home/mnp/Test_log.txt
echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartheekbk
3. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
No problem,but it cannot show what I want
2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:
wc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guankin
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
# cat /tmp/checkdate.log
SQL*Plus: Release 126.96.36.199.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012
Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 188.8.131.52.0 - 64bit Production
FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I require need help in two aspects actually:
1) Fatal error that gets generated as %F% from a log file say ABClog.dat to trigger a mail. At present I manually grep the log file as <grep %F% ABClog.dat| cut-d "%" -f1>. The idea is to use this same logic to grep the log file which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zico1986
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a couple of questions. I happen to come across a code like this which i was asked to trouble shoot.
Any idea what these two do?
cat $(file?File doesn't exist);
Can some one help me with this ?
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
Is it possible to store all standard-out of a bash script and the binaries it calls in a log file AND still display the stdout on screen?
I know this is possible to store ALL stdout/stderr of a script to a single log file like:
But running a script with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
If my text file as follow:
group size time file
other 58585739 2008 test1.csv
other 122 2008 testcsv.sh
other 164 19:28 testexplain.sh
other 29132428 2008 testq.csv
other 104 21:02 testshell.sh
other 792 21:39 xxx.txt
I need to show file to new format as follow:
group... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have seen some log files where they have captured the command that is being executed, comments present in the scripts and the out put of the command as well, through scripts. could any one of you please let me know how do i do that?
Thanks in advance.
Waseem (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000