Accessing Solaris PCI Config Space extended properties

Operating Systems Solaris Accessing Solaris PCI Config Space extended properties
# 1  
Old 04-13-2012
Accessing Solaris PCI Config Space extended properties

Hi all,

Am working on an enhancement to access Solaris PCI Config Space. I got basic pci config space properties like vendor-id using di_node system calls. But i am not able to access the extended configuration space. Can you please suggest an approach to access the pci extended configuration space. I understood that accesing the pci extended config space via ( CFC/CF8 ) registers are not recomended
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Accessing the user space of one OS from within another.

Recently, I setup a dual boot on this PC. I can currently jump from Ubuntu 12.04 and 16.04. What I would like to be able to do is access the home directory of my 16.04 OS from within the 12.04, is that possible? I can mount the partition of the hard drive where 16.04 lives from within 12.04 but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Is it possible to extend a extended partition raw space in harddisk thru rhel 6

hi all, As going thru LVM concepts in rhel 6, got hit with a question about "how to use the raw partition of an harddisk which extended volume is taken a bit" please find the attached diagram... is it possible to use this raw space with previously created extended partition without data... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Accessing Solaris Server

Dear all, We have a Solaris Server at other location. Can we access the Server from remote ....Any software is needed for this ....pl help. Rgds Rj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400.....

This is the error message that I am getting on a Solaris 10 sparc server scsi: no major number cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Can't load the root filesystem Type 'go' to resume {0} ok Is there a way for me to correct this issue. It looks like I am missing a scsi driver to boot up... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL on windows accessing variables from a config file

Folks, I'm a perl moron, so please speak very slowly. : ) I'm modifying a build script that starts up an apache server. Now there is a .config file that hardcodes an old webserver path like this c:\oldWebserver. Now I don't want that hardcoded value, rather wish to use an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkoRocko
3 Replies

6. Hardware

accessing zte zxv10 w300 modem for config

Hi all, I need to configure the zte zxv10 w300 modem, but can't access to it control panel. Seems to hide or mask it IP address. Someone knows howto access or setup a new configuration ? a hard reset maybe ? then looking in a default IP address ? how is this ? Thanks in advance VicK (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VicK
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

can not reboot : PCI: Unable to handle 64-bit address space for

Hello, every one, I tried to install redhat linux enterprise server version 4 (ES4) on the my system with the following configuration Pentium core 2 duo 2.66 E 6750 Intel DG33FB motherboard 160Gb Segate hard disk (SATA) 1024 mb (1GB) DDR2 TRAN RAM Lg DVD/Cd WR BUT AM GETTING... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moinkhan31
0 Replies

8. Solaris

extended process list on Solaris?

Hello All, I am quite new to Solaris. Can someone tell me what's the equivalent of HP-UX ps -efx on Solaris? It basically displays the whole command, instead of te first 80 characters of the command. I need that to differentiate among multiple Weblogic processes where all the specifics... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usfrog
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Accessing Solaris 8 over WAN

We can access our solaris 8 from our LAN . However when we try to access the same over our WAN , it is not able to ping the server . /etc/hosts has entries for our DNS server. Another thing all WAN clients are Windows 2000 workstations . Here is the output netstat -nr Routing Table: IPv4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Does x86 solaris 9 support PCI RealTek Lan Card

Hi, i have a RealTek Lan Card on my machine. Does Solaris 9 supports this lan card . Thank You, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
pcilib(7)							 The PCI Utilities							 pcilib(7)

NAME
pcilib - a library for accessing PCI devices DESCRIPTION
The PCI library (also known as pcilib and libpci) is a portable library for accessing PCI devices and their configuration space. ACCESS METHODS
The library supports a variety of methods to access the configuration space on different operating systems. By default, the first matching method in this list is used, but you can specify override the decision (see the -A switch of lspci). linux-sysfs The /sys filesystem on Linux 2.6 and newer. The standard header of the config space is available to all users, the rest only to root. Supports extended configuration space, PCI domains, VPD (from Linux 2.6.26), physical slots (also since Linux 2.6.26) and information on attached kernel drivers. linux-proc The /proc/bus/pci interface supported by Linux 2.1 and newer. The standard header of the config space is available to all users, the rest only to root. intel-conf1 Direct hardware access via Intel configuration mechanism 1. Available on i386 and compatibles on Linux, Solaris/x86, GNU Hurd, Win- dows, BeOS and Haiku. Requires root privileges. intel-conf2 Direct hardware access via Intel configuration mechanism 2. Available on i386 and compatibles on Linux, Solaris/x86, GNU Hurd, Win- dows, BeOS and Haiku. Requires root privileges. Warning: This method is able to address only the first 16 devices on any bus and it seems to be very unreliable in many cases. fbsd-device The /dev/pci device on FreeBSD. Requires root privileges. aix-device Access method used on AIX. Requires root privileges. nbsd-libpci The /dev/pci0 device on NetBSD accessed using the local libpci library. obsd-device The /dev/pci device on OpenBSD. Requires root privileges. dump Read the contents of configuration registers from a file specified in the dump.name parameter. The format corresponds to the output of lspci -x. darwin Access method used on Mac OS X / Darwin. Must be run as root and the system must have been booted with debug=0x144. PARAMETERS
The library is controlled by several parameters. They should have sensible default values, but in case you want to do something unusual (or even something weird), you can override them (see the -O switch of lspci). Parameters of specific access methods dump.name Name of the bus dump file to read from. fbsd.path Path to the FreeBSD PCI device. nbsd.path Path to the NetBSD PCI device. obsd.path Path to the OpenBSD PCI device. proc.path Path to the procfs bus tree. sysfs.path Path to the sysfs device tree. Parameters for resolving of ID's via DNS net.domain DNS domain containing the ID database. net.cache_name Name of the file used for caching of resolved ID's. Parameters for resolving of ID's via UDEV's HWDB hwdb.disable Disable use of HWDB if set to a non-zero value. SEE ALSO
lspci(8), setpci(8), update-pciids(8) AUTHOR
The PCI Utilities are maintained by Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz>. pciutils-3.5.2 03 October 2016 pcilib(7)