Automating build and test process

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating build and test process
# 1  
Old 01-17-2008

Hey ppl,

I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RHEL GUI Build process.

Hi Folks, I've recently upgraded (RHEL 6.5 to 7.5) a couple of servers and have noticed a peculiarity during the GUI build of the boxes. This can be best explained as follows; There were four Oracle ASM disks on each of these servers, these were selected in the GUI for reformat as XFS file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating an interactive process with EOF string

Hello, I'm running Stockfish chess engine ( Home - Stockfish - Open Source Chess Engine ) CLI on Linux in interactive mode which is working fine. root@ubuntu1950x:~# ./stockfish Stockfish 080218 64 POPCNT by T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott setoption name Debug Log File... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Mail Process

Hi i had written one script,it sends email from terminal and mine script is as: #!/bin/bash SUBJECT="linux mail send attachment example" BODY_FILE="/home/sreenivasa/Desktop/Testing.txt" #ATTACHMENT_FILE="/home/sreenivasa/Desktop/Dataset.zip"... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajnikant
23 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Image build process

What are the requirements to build an image in solaris ? Could you please some one explain this.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating a process

Could any one tell me , how to start a thread here, i just searching for so long. sorry to post in irrelavent here ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:00 AM ---------- Hi, I got a requirement to automate the process. We have SLA files, there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afahmed
1 Replies

6. Solaris

I want to test max process on my system

Hi,everybody Please someone suggest me for test max process on system my system is Solaris 10/9 installed on HP DL380G6 . My point of project is test max process ,max user untill systemdown .however i have batch script telnet from pc to host about 500 window per pc ( i have pc 9 unit ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating The process

Hi Guru's, I am trying to write a scripts that will automate my image provisoining process. Scenario: I have Linux Image Hosted on cloud which needs to be provisoned before it can be used. Currently we log onto the image through the putty on windows and connect to linux instance. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taqvia
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating daily monitoring process

Hi there, I have to automate daily monitoring process and then the result of these process should be sent to a log file, then this log file should be mailed . ps -ef | grep aa In this atleast one process should run. If the process is running it should mention Success in the log file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - automating if statement test

Hello all, I'm trying to automate an if statement in my Perl script. The script opens an input file for reading, checks each line in the file for a particular substring, and if it finds the substring, writes it to an output file. There are approximately 200 different input files. Each has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Galt
3 Replies

10. Linux

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this?:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
8 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
DH_AUTO_TEST(1)                                                      Debhelper                                                     DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at all, and just run the test suite manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes. NOTES
If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_TEST(1)