Printing with a Canon i850

Operating Systems Linux Printing with a Canon i850
# 1  
Old 01-27-2004
Printing with a Canon i850

Has anyone had any success getting this printer to work? I'm still quite a Linux newbie, but I guess we have all been there. Smilie
# 2  
Old 02-02-2004
Doesn't look like canon meant for this to work on a computer running unix:

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCpr...i850&item=8046

-----

You could try searching good ol' google for some answers...
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg05778.html
# 3  
Old 02-02-2004
Thanks for taking the time to look into that for me. I have pretty much came up empty trying to find a way. I guess I'll just have to sell it and buy one that will work.

Thanks again!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Hardware

Canon LiDE 220 Installation

I am trying to install a Canon LiDE 220 scanner on Debian 8.5 64 bit, running on a Dell Latitude E5400 As far as Ubuntu is concerned, it can be installed. I am having no luck with Debian 8.5 This is what I have root@server1:/etc# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Printer/Plotter support for Canon

How easy it is to set up a Canon plotter (36" paper) on Solaris 10? The one I'm looking at purchasing (ImagePROGRAF iPF755 MFP) uses HP-GL/2. The newer one looks like it dropped HP-GL/2 support and has a Canon proprietary language called GARO. I'm guessing that will make setup in Solaris not as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolinux
7 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need help on Canon Wi-Fi printer

Hello folks, Maybe someone have experience or could help me with the issue with my wireless Canon MX410 printer? I"ve bought this printer but Canon does not provide support on Linux. I downloaded and installed drivers for printing and for scanning. I figured out how to connect printer wirelessly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page.

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan69
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Printer Canon LBP3010 in Ubuntu 10.04

Hello. i cannot adjust printer Canon LBP3010 in Ubuntu 10.04. The printer hangs in words "processing" and does not print. help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeman27015
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Unix Commands for Canon

I'm lookind for Unix Commands for a Canon Copier, specifically an Canon Image Runner 3570. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fatkid98
1 Replies

8. Linux

Printer driver for Canon PIXMA iP1000

Hi, I just installed the Fedora Core 3, and now my printer cannot work because the Fedora Core 3 cannot find a suitable printer driver for it. It did recognize the model of my printer but just can't get the right printer driver. I am new to Linux, really hope someone can help me fix this problem,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarbageKing
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question