System Accounting

Special Forums Cybersecurity System Accounting
# 1  
Old 11-13-2001
Computer System Accounting

How do I enable System Accounting on Solaris 8? In Solaris 7 I would copy the /usr/lib/acct file to S22acct and start it like that. That doesn't seem to be an option in Solaris 8.

Thanks for your help!
# 2  
Old 11-13-2001
from...
http://www.pluzzi.com/pluzzi/os/solaris8.html

SAR
To enable the SAR subsystem to function on solaris, you need to enable
its daemons and data collectors.
cd to /etc/init.d
vi perf, and remove the comments
cd /etc/rc2.d or some other directory that is used for your run-level startup, and see that there is a file that is linked to /etc/init.d/perf.
Mine was /etc/rc2.d/S21perf.
run that file, to be sure all is ok, so "/etc/rc2.d/S21perf start"
run the "sar -A" command, to be sure it is working.
crontab -e sys ----> to uncomment the lines for sar.
Thats it !!!
# 3  
Old 11-23-2007
some accounting courses

Hi dear, I am taking some accounting courses at my school. I just am wondering if I could get help with my choice of Accounting. I know Accounting is a great career but what can I really get from majoring in Accounting and possibly working in this field. What are well-paid jobs I can apply to after school? Also which schools are the best for accounting both in undergrad and grad so that I can start researching them and apply to them next year?

Last edited by blueheaven; 11-28-2007 at 06:07 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Accounting Software

GNUCash - There is documented problem with auto-fill; ie, that it cannot be turned off. It will delete 1/2 of a transaction. I have searched the internet and have not been able to make any of the "work arounds" work. I have also contacted the email lists, to no avail. This is open source,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process accounting

When i run #acctadm command it shows it as inactive but /var/adm/pacct file has todays date such as -rw-r--r-- 1 adm adm 182397160 Mar 25 15:48 pacct # acctadm Task accounting: inactive Task accounting file: none Tracked task resources: none Untracked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Special accounting information

I need to figure out why did the system run out of memory and hung at a certain time. For further investigation, the info about every processes' CPU and memory consumption over time would be of high value. I see, that Unix accounting may be of some help. But I'm not sure if I can get this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: descentspb
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accounting Process

Hi, I need to know , if there is some routine like a function "accton" to accounting process for HP-UX, because I need accounting the command executed for users and is necesary that include the argumments of command but the file "paccton" generated for function "accton" doesn't include them. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hvazquez
0 Replies

5. Programming

utmp ACCOUNTING

the utmp.h ACCOUNTING macro is set to 9 on my system. my question is: what "accounting" is it referring to? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question