Not enough information...

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Not enough information...
# 1  
Old 05-21-2015
Question Not enough information...

I appreciate the fact that rules are for everyone and I screwed up by not putting a screen printout in code brackets...

However, I was a bit dismayed when I received the following and tried to reply to say "Thank you" for sending me the reminder. I could not reply and had no idea what the following is really trying to say or how to "fix it" -- since the code tags had already been inserted by the moderator...

This was only my 2nd question ever on the forums...

Quote:
Dear RogerBaran,

This is a reminder from the moderators at Unix & Linux Forums.

Reason: 1st Reminder to Add Code Tags
-------

-------

This reminder is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Please reread the forum rules if you have forgotten or neglected to read them. The forum rules are important for the entire community.
So my questions are:
  1. What does it mean that this reminder is worth 2 points?
  2. Under what conditions will it remain in effect?
  3. Under what conditions will it expire?
  4. What am I actually supposed to do about it if the situation was already corrected by the moderator?
  5. Why did my "banking" figure go from over 8k to -1100?
  6. All of this on a "first reminder"???

Last edited by rbatte1; 05-22-2015 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: clarification - RBATTE1 wrapped text list in LIST=1 tags.
# 2  
Old 05-21-2015
I looked at your post and made a judgement call -- you had only four posts under your belt and didn't use code tags, so I assumed you didn't know how. Our form-letter for that includes detailed instructions, so was the most straightforward way to show you.

On reviewing your posts though, you obviously already knew and just forgot. I'm not here to punish people for trivial errors; I'll reverse your infraction.

No threat was meant -- the points go away by themselves in a month, and it would take a vast number of them to mean anything. The standard form-letter is a little stark since it's usually ignored.

The 'bits' thing is a crude representation of a poster's productivity here. Posting replies in threads and things earns points, and you can 'spend' points on things like changing your username. People don't see how many bits you have.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:
# 3  
Old 05-21-2015
Thank you for the reply and explanation. 😄

---------- Post updated at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:09 PM ----------

@Corona688 -- I was hoping that you might be able to render some assistance on this post...
Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Thank you for any time and/or effort in helping me. 😄
# 4  
Old 05-21-2015
Please don't ask in other threads for help on other threads.
# 5  
Old 05-21-2015
Ahhh. Ok. Thank you. Won't happen again, 😄
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

fault information

Hi, I want to know where can I find the fault information of the system. I mean the event that the system may be occur, not the event happened on my system. Maybe there are some libraries or other website about logs collections. Thanks a lot. Best Wishes! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some help and information

Well, i am here coz i have this problem: a guy is pinging me so my internet go down when he wants and the same guy is nuking my ventrilo server that i rent in a good website. I want to know how to protect me against this attack and if is possible do the same to him, i know this guy is using a payed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Psike
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get information like substring

I retrieved values from postgresql database return the following line name ------------ myname (1 row) how can I extract "myname" out of the line? thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
11 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need information on HP-UX....

Hi Guys, I'm new to HP-UX and i want installation procedure step by step.If i want take up the hp exam can any one give ful info about exam with new exam codes.I hav good knowlwdge on linux is it HP is similar to linux.If anybody having docs on HP-UX...pls reply me Regards, Vinay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay@wipro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information. Will Appreciate It

Hi guys i am new to linux, infact i have heared about it for a while now but never got it. I am prepared to give it a try but i need to know the system requirements. i have a 32bit, win xp, amd antlon 1.8ghz . will linux run fine on this system or do i need a new computer.. i have always... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapzkilla
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

network information

Hello Guys! I am new from unix and I have a litle knowledge to some of the commands. my query is how can I view the network configuration of the station like the IP address, the NIS name , DNS etc. in windows we can get this info with the command ifconfig /all thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information

I'm new to unix and wanted to know if there are UNIX tools/programs on the market that can be loaded onto my laptop or external hard drive that I can use to practice and test what I'm learning. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xman0ne
2 Replies

8. Programming

NEED Some Information!!!

Hi guys, do you know where I can find an information or example of creating a remote simulation banking application on UNIX. A client server socket programming using c language to build. using telnet to run. just a simple , add, withdraw, balance function. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: btx
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question