usrun command

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users usrun command
# 1  
Old 03-01-2011
Bug usrun command

Hi,

I need to run usrun command and direct console output into a text file.
eg: usrun -h <hostname> nobody

The above example retunns "/bin/usrun[39]: Permission denied" on the screen. I want this string to be directed into a text file.

Please help me to achieve this.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Smilie MandyHi,
# 2  
Old 03-01-2011
Code:
usrun -h "$anyhost "nobody 2>/tmp/yourlogfile.err

If you just don't want it :
Code:
usrun -h "$anyhost "nobody 2>/dev/null

# 3  
Old 03-01-2011
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usrun command

What is the use of this command and do this command require passed ? ---------- Post updated at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:27 PM ---------- Password (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukesh31
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usrun

Hi Friends, can any one help me on making my one script. We are logging into AIX server through NPUM gateway and i am using this command in npum gateway usrun -h $servername root I am making script and want to store in NPUM server and in that script i am using this command usrun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use usrun command in shell script?

Hi All, I am a newbie to shell scripting. I need to make a simple script -which logs on to a server with usrun command -Check some file listing at that location and come back where I was before. usrun -h gbrpcr00076n06 utlanps cd /home/apps/Mydir/ lst exit But after I run the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoolMohsin
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

usrun command

Hi, I need to run usrun command and direct console output into a text file. eg: usrun -h <hostname> nobody The above example retunns /bin/usrun: Permission denied on the screen. I want this string to be directed into a text file. Please help me to achieve this. Any help in this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

usrun command

Hi, I need to run usrun command and direct console output into a text file. eg: usrun -h <hostname> nobody The above example retunns "/bin/usrun: Permission denied" on the screen. I want this string to be directed into a text file. Please help me to achieve this. Any help in this regard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

9. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question