Clearcase set into a view with script

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clearcase set into a view with script
# 1  
Old 06-02-2009
Clearcase set into a view with script

Hi Friends,

How do i set into a view and continue with make via a script. I could do both separately but when i try both in a single script, it stops after setting into the view.

below is the sample "ap_script", first two execute, but the third one command doesn't.

echo $USER
cleartool setview test_view
echo $USER

Logs:
bash-3.00$ ap_script
ap
Word too long.
[ap@redington ~/script]$

Why isn't any command executed after setview. Is it spawning a new process? How do i get it working?

-AP
# 2  
Old 06-02-2009
give the full path to the cleartool.

Code:
which cleartool

-Devaraj Takhellambam
# 3  
Old 06-03-2009
cleartool at : /usr/atria/bin/cleartool
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

clearcase,

Hi, I have two unix server. In one server clearcase is installed. I want to take files from one server to clearcase server. Could anyone help to start up this, for how to connect clearcase server from my main server. ?? Currently am having IP address of that clearcase server. Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

clearcase shell script

I am running all clearcase commands in shell script and every command is redirecting output to file data.txt cleartool diffbl -act -ver label1 label2 >& data.txt cleartool diffbl -baselines label1 label2 >& data.txt cleartool diffbl -elements label1 label2 >& data.txt Issues was all commands... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for clearcase ucm

how to write shell script to get the checkin information between two composite baselines in clearcase ucm . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clearcase Query

Hi, Can you please help? I am trying to use variables within a clearcase command, however i am having a major problems - the variables don't appear to be accessible. Using the following as an example: cat=1 2 3 dog=4 5 6 cleartool mkattr -replace Four_Legs '"$cat $dog"' lbtype:Animal ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spikey
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Korn Shell Script / Clearcase Query

Hi, I wonder can you help me ... I have the following clearcase code that works on the command line: ct mkattr -replace Four_Legs '"cat dog"' lbtype:Animal however when i try to use it in my script it fails with the following error message: + ct mkattr -replace Four_Legs "cat dog"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegant
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

view partition name using script

Hi All.. Previously i've posted my question regarding this script and i managed to solve the problem but i need to modified my script so it will meet the new requirement. Below is the script and output: -------------------------------------------------------------- -bash-3.00$ more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
5 Replies

9. Linux

RPM with ClearCase

Hello. I have a task to complete and it involves using RPM with ClearCase. I have looked through as much documentation as possible about RPM and I still have questions about it. My task is to create a .rpm using ClearCase by unzipping a 22 Mb file and placing it into a set directory structure. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question