Installing SU coreutils from BSD to unix AIX

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing SU coreutils from BSD to unix AIX
# 1  
Old 03-11-2010
Installing SU coreutils from BSD to unix AIX

Dear all
Good day.
Can any one advice me how to install the SU tool coreutils from BSD installed with linux on AIX unix ???
Thx in advance

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix/Linux/BSD

I'm planning to learn Unix/Linux as much as possible to be able to expert on Unix system. I have a few questions in regard to Unix system 1. How come they are so many different type of Linux, and do they follow same standard commands in the Unix system? I'm afraid of having so many choices... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindful123
6 Replies

3. AIX

Installing DSA public key in Unix AIX server

Hi, A VMS server want to use SFTP to transfer files to our Unix server. We received their public key. Below is the process we followed to install this public key in our unix server. 1. Go to $HOME/.ssh 2. cat public_key_vms_server >> authorized_keys2 3. Ensure this folder and file has the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devina
1 Replies

4. Programming

compiling coreutils

Hi gurus I am trying to compile coreutils for studying purposes. I downloaded package (exact version which target system already contains) and tried following: ./configure make but compiling ands with some header file dependency problem. Then I tried compile particular binary cd... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
9 Replies

5. BSD

installing free BSD

Hello friends. I am new to Unix although i am very flexible to any programming language. i was a window user. Now, no more. I have decided myself to switch to unix. Here is my problem: I burned the free BSD into my new RW CD's. I inserted the bootable manager first then, it was scanning and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonjour2006
5 Replies

6. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing open bsd

I'm in the process of installing openbsd 3.2, the install appears to go ok but will not boot. So I tried the install again, when I opt to partition I noticed the disk the signature (in geometry) reads as 0x0 instead of 0xAA55. I'm using Lucas's 'Absolute OpenBSD' as my install guide together with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferret
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installing PHP on IBM/RS6000 AIX UNIX

I am attempting to install PHP on an IBM RS6000 AIX UNIX box. I am not getting very far and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Here is the message from the output: checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS Sorry I was not able to successfully run APXS.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PWD(1)								   User Commands							    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd - print name of current/working directory SYNOPSIS
pwd [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Print the full filename of the current working directory. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit NOTE: your shell may have its own version of pwd, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's docu- mentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report pwd bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
getcwd(3) The full documentation for pwd is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and pwd programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'pwd invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 PWD(1)