Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter

Operating Systems Solaris Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter
# 1  
Old 12-22-2003
Network Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter

Okay. I admit I'm sort of a newbie in this regard.

I installed a SCSI adapter on a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I did the standard STOP-A on the startup and got the OK prompt. I then tried probe-scsi-all. It dumps me back @ the OK prompt w/ no message whatsoever. I tried probe-scsi, nothing.

Just for kicks I installed the external tape drive that I'm attaching this port and did the same thing - dumped me back at the prompt.

Any ideas on what to check? It's kind of hard to tell with not error message or anything.

Thanks a lot in advance!
# 2  
Old 12-22-2003
I would set the auto-boot to false, so it kicks you to the "ok" prompt. It is cleaner then a stop-A. Then try the probe-scsi-all.
# 3  
Old 12-22-2003
You may need to do a reset-all from the boot prompt, stop-a before it come up and then do the probe-scsi-all
# 4  
Old 01-06-2004
Are you sure the card is supported by the Ultra 5?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HPUX 11.11 Sept.2003 cannot see PCI-X scsi adapter

I am trying to reload a RP4440 with 2x300gb disks and dual Port Network card, with HPUX 11.11 Sept 2003. When the os boots and and gets to the main menu to install HPUX or run recovery, it cannot find the disks or NIC. At the OS prompt (after loading files), ioscan shows the Class ba, and shows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
0 Replies

2. SCO

Moving hard drive and SCSI adapter to another computer

OK group, it's been 12 years since I worked with SCO. I need some direction here: SCO Openserver 5.07 I have a server with a bad motherboard. I have moved the SCSI adapter and hard drive to another computer. This new server has different hardware so I must install the chipset drivers for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jscholz
1 Replies

3. Hardware

SCSI Ultra320 80->68 adapter

I need to connect 80pin SCA Ultra320 SCSI hdd to 68pin. There are rumors that some bad "passive" adapters with problematic termination can fry the HDD. The adapter we got is Assmann ABSCA-2. Hard drive is 'Fujitsu MAW3073NC' Do we need to set any jumpers before turning it on? We already had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

4. SCO

Installing LAN adapter

I inserted a PCI Realtek RTL8139 network adapter on a PC running SCO Openserver 5.0.6. I successfully loaded drivers and I'm trying to install the card with netconfig command, unfortunately without success. Here are the steps I follow to install the card: I run netconfig, from menu 'hardware'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kampus
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Installing SCSI

I need to hook a tape library to my compy (tru64 versifon 4F) by way of SCSI. I can get as far as plugging it in on my own. Please help Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing scsi card

i hava bought scsi card for taking backup in a 12/24 DAT DRIVE -scounix5.05 i am havaing the cd of the same contain driver files how should i install it. can anybody help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatacoffee
0 Replies

7. SCO

Installing SCSI Tape drive

Hello, I'm having some issues with installing SCSI tape drive on SCO 5.0.6 hardware config shows the following adapters %adapter 0xE800-0xE8FF 10 - type=alad ha=0 bus=0 id=7 fts=sto %adapter 0x0170-0x0177 15 - type=IDE ctlr=secondary dvr=wd %adapter - 3 - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananth_ak
3 Replies

8. AIX

Spliting PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter

I have 1 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter card for my p570 server. I would like to split the 2 channels for the usage of 2 tape drives in different LPARs. Is that possible? For example, I have 2 LPARs running in p570 server, LPAR-A configured the Ultra320 card as pci7 in slot... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adaptec scsi host adapter

Can anyone out there help me out? I'm trying to install a scsi tape back up on a sys running sco openserver 5.0.4. When I go through the steps for mkdev tape it seems like it works, but when I reboot I still don't see the tape. Also when it boots up I get a scsi bios not installed error. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goatboy_tx
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question