alert signal in panel

Operating Systems AIX alert signal in panel
# 1  
Old 07-21-2007
alert signal in panel

hi experts,

In my AIX p-series server, in the panel board, i saw the attention singal is glowing.....
i dont know how to clear this from console/remotly.....

please help me out.

thanks in advance

Last edited by rrlog; 07-21-2007 at 07:36 AM..
# 2  
Old 07-21-2007
# 3  
Old 07-23-2007
i seen the page.

but still im in cofusion...

On the ASMI Welcome pane, specify your user ID and password, and click Log In. 2. In the navigation area, expand System Configuration and Service Indicators.
i dont know what is ASMI..
please explain me clearly..
# 4  
Old 07-23-2007
ASMI is the Advanced System Management Interface.
You can access it from your HMC or via a web browser with access to the HMC ethernet ports (private LAN).
If you don't have an HMC you can still access it via the HMC ethernet ports or with the system in standby you can access it via the 9 pin console ports.

What type of system is it?

Only the latest (power5 and power6 based) systems have this function but as you didn't specify what type of system you have I posted the latest available information.

There is also a diagnostic task that allows you to manipulate the system attention indicators.

Have you considered that this warning light might be on for some valid reason, like the system has a problem?
Before you just turn it off you should try to find out the reason it was turned on in the first place.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

**ALERT**ALERT* Whats app requesting users to upgrade to latest version as; its vulnerability found.

Hello All, Want to share here an article for Whats app users that team whats app is requesting users to upgrade to its latest version since they have found a vulnerability; where Hacker could turn on a cell's camera, mic and scan messages and emails. Here is an article from "THE VERGE" for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies

2. Linux

System Panel disappear.

Dear all, I lost my CentOS 6.4, Systems default bar/panel where we navigate our system for the Applications, Places & System, Is there anyone who can help me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Gnome3 top panel

I installed fedora15, but it's panel is on the top. How to move it down to the bottom? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Firefox do not starts from Panel

Hi I am facing a problem related firefox and some other applications like DocumentViewer (evince). I can run the firefox from terminal by just giving command "firefox" but when I made its shortcut in panel and try to run through that panel shortcut , the mouse coursor just becomes busy for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak_mailbox
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Applets to panel

This may sound simple, but its not! I have been making a few live-cds lately and have been customizing it using gconftool-2 --direct etc.... to change background, panel color etc... I have looked and looked but cannot find a way to add a applet to the top panel via command line, im sure there must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Desktop Panel misbehaviour

On my Desktop panel the 'shortcuts' to 'Places' all opens Rhytmbox instaed of Documents,Pictures etc. My system is SunOS Ultra20 5.11 snv_99 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris It came with my first opening of rhytmbox.:confused: Does anybody know how to fix this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vatch23
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Flat Panel Display

Hi, I am going to buy a new TV set, but I am not sure what to buy.. I would like to have a Flat Screen, around 42" (~106cm), but i am a bit confused... Reading the technical papers, plasma displays seems to better, but talking with friends and colleagues, they would prefer LCDs... Plasma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control Panel seeking.

Hi, guys. My friends and I used to rent space from our ISP, and they applied Cpanel to help us to config. Recently we just upgrade to the dedicated server plan, and there is nothing but only the os has been installed. Since Cpanel is the commercial software, we cannot afford it, we need to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question