include virtual perl-script - submit button opens a new page..

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting include virtual perl-script - submit button opens a new page..
# 1  
Old 08-18-2010

hello 2 all
I can't understand how to insert a perl-script into .shml in a right way. <form> should be working but it's not

doing that: <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/script.cgi?filename"-->
filename is a name of the file which script is using
the script is used for a score show (the number is inside file "filename") + 2 buttons: + and -
when pressing a button it opens a file and changing value to +1 or -1 and instantly showing this number

the form itself:
<form method=post>
<input type=submit name=\"filename\" value=yes class=yes>
<div class=\"votes\">$curscore</div>
<input type=submit name=\"filename\" value=no class=no>
</form>

so, if I'm executing the script in a browser and not through "include virtual" then it works pretty fine just like intended but if through include virtual then when pressing any of submit buttons the page is reloading but file keeps untouched..

I've tryed to put 'action="/cgi-bin/script.cgi"' inside form, but then when pressing submit it will change to a new window just like if I would execute script inside browser itself

so what is the right way to insert script inside shtml so it will works fine just like inside browser?

P.S. btw if I use 'exec cgi' then it works but without ?filename
with ?filename it shows error: invalid CGI ref..
tip78
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Apache2 web application- Submit button - write data into a file

Hello, I am newbie on php-mysql and just know only installation. I have an apache2+php5+mysql installed VPS. What I would like to do is that when visitor enters requested data shown in index.html, submit button will run a script to save each field into a file. Here is an example shown in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to hit the submit button

Hello, I am looking to hit a URL using curl and click on submit button so that I can get the results. The below is the code <input name="tos_accepted" id="tos_accepted" class="button" type="submit" value="Yes, I Agree"/> <input name="tos_discarded" id="tos_discarded"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Submit Button is not Recognizable

Hi ... I am writing a PERL CGI script where firstly i display a Submit button and when i click that, it will display a group of checkbox values and another submit button. My question is Now, if i click the second submit button, it should get the checkbox values and work with those(do some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrish
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation of Text field while Click on submit button

I am using Perl CGI. I have created some text fields and getting those values. But i want if user leave the text field blank when he click on submit button then instead of run a script it should give a popup. Please any body suggest me something..??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - radio button processing

Hi, I am hoping to get some help on perl. I am trying to process a HTML radio button selected value in perl. Basically What I am trying to do is 1. I have some radio buttons which indicated different colors. 2. I have a list box where I want to populate depending on the selected radio button... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

6. Web Development

hello 2 all I can't understand how to insert a perl-script into .shml in a right way. <form> should be working but it's not doing that: <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/script.cgi?filename"--> filename is a name of the file which script is using the script is used for a score show (the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to copy contents of a web page

Hi All, Sorry to ask this question and i am not sure whether it is possible. please reply to my question. Thanks in advance. I need a perl script ( or any linux compatible scripts ) to copy the graphical contents of the webpage to a word pad. Say for example, i have a documentation site... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Include PERL script with in the unix shell script

Hi Gurus, Is it possible to include perl script with in the unix shell script? What would be the general syntax? In the above case, is it required to write the below first two lines of codes? #!usr/bin/sh -x #!usr/bin/perl -w Thanks in advance / Mysore Ganapati. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganapati
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for using the Back button and the Close button

Here's a question I have for anyone that might be able to help me: I can write a html script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the back button, and I can write a script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the close button, but...is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdgibson
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and refresh button, save twice?

Hi guys, I am writing a simple script save_me.cgi that can save the data in form.html into a txt (data.txt)file. But when user click "refresh" button one the browser on page save_me.cgi, the data will be save again in the data.txt. could someone help me on this issue? a studpid way... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
DPATCH(7)							      dpatch								 DPATCH(7)

NAME
debian/patches/script.dpatch - self applying patch SYNOPSIS
debian/patches/script.dpatch -patch [directory] debian/patches/script.dpatch -unpatch [directory] debian/patches/script.dpatch -pkg-custom [directory] DESCRIPTION
A dpatch is a program that modifies the source tree in a given directory. How it does that is entirely up to the person writing it. It can be a script that calls patch(1) with the appropriate options, a complicated perl script that does some deep magic, or anything else. The only requirement is that it MUST accept the -patch and -unpatch options, followed by the destination (or working) directory, when speci- fied. For the sake of compatibility, the second argument is only present when a working directory was explicitly set with dpatch --workdir. For some of the dpatch(1) features to work, the script should follow a common style: there should be a line near the top of the file with the following format: "filename -- author <email>". And one or more "# DP: description" lines. These will be used by dpatch cat for exam- ple. WARNING
dpatch is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide on how to do it. EXAMPLES
One can find dpatch examples under /usr/share/doc/dpatch/examples/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gergely Nagy. SEE ALSO
dpatch(1), dpatch.make(7), dpatch-edit-patch(1), dpatch-list-patch(1), dpatch-convert-diffgz(1) DPATCH 2 Dec 13 2011 DPATCH(7)