Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit
# 1  
Old 08-25-2008
Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

I had previous implemented the following in my menu.lst to be able to get to 32-bit operations.

Code:
# 
title Solaris 10 32-bit
root (hd0,0,a)
kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot kernel/unix
module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive

</code>
Now, it is not working as I get the following error :

Code:
Multiboot is no longer used to boot the Solaris Operating System.
The grub entry should be changed to 
kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/$ISADIR/unix
module$ /platform/i86pc/$ISADIR/boot_archive

</code>
Now, if I do echo $ISADIR it is NULL with no output.
I got to do this, b'coz my VIA Rhine III vfe network drivers only work in 32-bit Solaris OS

Regards,
Praveen.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris os 32 bit or 64 bit

:confused: how to find out wether my os is 32 bit or 64 bit. I am using Solaris 5.6. also i want to know the difference between 32 bit and 64bit os. any help will be much appreciated as i am in urgent need of this information (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

5. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				    ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_set_sbus64 - allow 64-bit transfers on SBus SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_set_sbus64(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t burstsizes); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
handle The handle filled in by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). burstsizes The possible burst sizes the device's DMA engine can accept in 64-bit mode. DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() informs the system that the device wishes to perform 64-bit data transfers on the SBus. The driver must first allocate a DMA handle using ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F) with a ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure describing the DMA attributes for a 32-bit transfer mode. burstsizes describes the possible burst sizes the device's DMA engine can accept in 64-bit mode. It may be distinct from the burst sizes for 32-bit mode set in the ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure. The system will activate 64-bit SBus transfers if the SBus supports them. Other- wise, the SBus will operate in 32-bit mode. After DMA resources have been allocated (see ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F) or ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F)), the driver should retrieve the available burst sizes by calling ddi_dma_burstsizes(9F). This function will return the burst sizes in 64-bit mode if the system was able to activate 64-bit transfers. Otherwise burst sizes will be returned in 32-bit mode. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the SBus to 64-bit mode. DDI_FAILURE 64-bit mode could not be set. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SBus | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_burstsizes(9F), ddi_dma_attr(9S) NOTES
64-bit SBus mode is activated on a per SBus slot basis. If there are multiple SBus cards in one slot, they all must operate in 64-bit mode or they all must operate in 32-bit mode. SunOS 5.10 1 Jan 1997 ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)