Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?
# 1  
Old 06-21-2009
Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in?
The command
Code:
find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish

yields zero hits.
Thanks in advance
# 2  
Old 06-21-2009
Maybe you can find it here:

Bluefish: The Definitive Guide
# 3  
Old 06-21-2009
Yes, got it, it is ~/.bluefish. The manual mentions configurations and preferences interchangingly.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

make bluefish t owork with zen coding

Hi, I have installed on bluefish on the computer that run windows 7 and the zen coding doesn't work. I know that in order for zen coding to work it demand python. I do have python 2.7 in the directory python27. but when I check the built info I get: This version of Bluefish was built... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Locking Down Finder Command Preferences

I understand how to lock down things with the finder in workgroup manager, but for matching commands outside of the workgroup manager realm, what's the best way to insert script in order to disable any one of these features? Features workgroup manager highlights: -connect to server -shut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Scripting sound preferences?

I'm finding myself changing sound preferences (specifically, output) frequently, and I'd like to write a shell script to do this for me. Does anyone know what command(s) to use? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Creating Preferences

In OS X I'm currently writing a bash script that requires writing to preference file. I may eventually want to share it with users on other Unix-like OSs and would like to accommodate for that possibility ahead of time. Most OS X applications save preferences in xml-format plist files. These... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airsmurf
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question