Script neeeeded!

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script neeeeded!
# 1  
Old 05-05-2011
Script neeeeded!

Hey guys!! i need you help with a script as i am a beginner... i need a unix script that will access a certain URL with a user name and password, get a text file that will be previously put on the URL and save it to a path... can someone help me with this? Smilie thanks
# 2  
Old 05-05-2011
Hello!

In case you forgot to read the forum rules, here is quick copy.

Quote:
RULES OF THE UNIX AND LINUX FORUMS

(1) No flames, shouting (all caps), sarcasm, bullying, profanity or arrogant posts.

(2) No negative comments about others or impolite remarks. Be patient.

(3) Refrain from idle chatter that does not contribute to the knowledge base. This does not apply to the forums in The Unix Lounge which are for off-topic discussions.

(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post or send a private message where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

(5) Search the forums database with your keywords before asking.

(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

(7) No job postings from headhunters or recruiters except in The Unix Forums Job Board. See How to Post to The UNIX Forums Job Board for information on using the Job Board.

(8) No BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads.

(9) Edit your posts if you see spelling or grammar errors (don't write in cyberchat or cyberpunk style). English only.

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. Don't send a private message with a technical question. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

(11) Post questions with descriptive subjects. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

(12) These are not hacker boards so hacker related posts will be promptly deleted or moderated.

(13) The forum administrators reserve the right to prune, move or edit posts that do not adhere to the rules or are technically inaccurate.

(14) The forum administrators reserve the right to remove users or change their posting status to read only without notice if any rules are not followed.

(15) No smoking in the forums.
Cheers.

The UNIX and Linux Forums
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question