Another SUDOER Question...

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Another SUDOER Question...
# 1  
Old 11-11-2005
Another SUDOER Question...

I have my sudoers file setup to provide execution of specific directories (/a/s, /a/x, /a/d, /a/e, etc.....) I tried to list just /a/ meaning anything under /a can be executed by specific ids. However, this didn't work. Is there a way to provide rights to an entire directory structure within a sudoer file? If it helps, this is AIX 5.2.

As an aside, I was told I had to provide the ability to issue the chown command for this same directory. In my sudoer file, can I say "/bin/sudo su - /bin/chown /a" to cover the entire directory structure?

Thanks again.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Syntax error in one line in sudoer file cause total failure

I have notice that when I create a sudoer file in the sudoer.d directory, then if I have a syntax error, I cannot do sudo at all, in all accounts. Why can't they change the mechanism, so it will ignore syntax error line and will only display error message but won't cause total failure and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls -l question

Hi, When doing ls -l, is it right to assume that all files with the date and time on it are files that are created/modified on the current year? Is there any way to display the creation/modified date of a file that are not created/modified in the current year? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about -n

Hello there, New user/ poster that just joined, really quick question as I couldnt find it through the search function In this script echo -n "enter your username " read username if then echo "Hello $username!" exit 0 else echo "You did not provide a vaild name!" exit 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudoer Help....

Hi, When i use command "sudo -l" under my user, it gives me the following list. (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/chgrp (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/chmod (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/chown (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/mkdir (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/su - hubsup (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/su hubsup ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudoer file - controlling parameters

Greetings all, I'm interested in knowing more about setting up the sudoers file... hope to receive some advice here. Let's say that I have 3 users, with usernames user1, user2 and user3. The following rules would apply for each user: user1 can only use the command ksh a.sh to launch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of sudoer with ssh login shell script (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm in the midst of writing a login component for a series of shell scripts. What my login script does is this: 1. Prompt for username and read in username 2. Prompt for destination host and read in destination host 3. run ssh username and destination host 4. After user keys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question?

using my unix os, can i do any autoexec.bat editing in order to execute selected programs that i use most often? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root privileges &Sudoer

Hi guys... how can a root assign a user all or most of the root privileges? is sudoer comand enough 4 this? thx alot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blue_7
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3)