Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Operating Systems HP-UX Installation of CUPS in HP-UX
# 1  
Old 05-26-2008
Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Hi,

Can anybody provide me the download link for CUPS on HP-UX 11i?
and point me where i can get thorough help or howtos, certainly detailed, to get cups and hopefully
my printer running?

Thanks in advance.
# 2  
Old 05-26-2008
# 3  
Old 05-26-2008
Question

Thanks for the reply.
I checked with this earlier. It wa posted on 2004. Most of the library files mentioned in that site is not available now.

In the below site I am able to download CUPS software. but there is no procedure for installation.

cups-1.0.2

I tried it installing it by SAM. it got installed in opt directory but the CUPS site is not opening.

Please let me know the details.
# 4  
Old 05-27-2008
Hi.

Are CUPS deamons running?

You shall link cups bin to rc2.d as start and rc1.d as kill.
for example:
ln -s /sbin/cups /sbin/rc1.d/K99cups
ln -s /sbin/cups /sbin/rc2.d/S99cups

In my example cups bin is located at /sbin

As far as I remember, CUPS does not putting links to rc*.d
# 5  
Old 06-03-2008
Power

i downloaded CUPS 1.3.7 for HP-UX 11.11 PA-RISC architecture and all the dependency libraries like gcc, gettext.......

first I am trying to install libraries. All the libraries got installed except gcc... the gcc 4.2.3 that I am tryin to install gives error and in the log it is showing "gcc.gcc-RUN,r=4.2.3 cannot be successfully resolved. You must resolve the above dependencies before operating on this fileset or change the "enforce_dependencies" to "false".

should i use gcc 4.2.1 or 4.2.3.
if i have to use gcc-4.2.1 Please provide me the link for gcc4.2.1.

If gcc-4.2.3 should be used ples help me with the procedure...

Thanks,
# 6  
Old 06-04-2008
Hi,

I want to give "make" and "make install" command for the CUPS installation.

Where should i execute this command.
my source directory path is /var/cups/cups-1.3.7/

should i give these commands here.
If i execute it here it is throwing errors in file http.h....

do i have to modify the file for CUPS installation.

errors are:
1)Unknown size for "ipv6"
2)size of struct of union member is unknown
3)Function prototype is unknown is an ANSI feature.

Please help me how to solve it.

Thanks,
# 7  
Old 06-10-2008
Hi,

I downloaded cups-1.3.7 and all its dependencies are installed.

Then executed ./configure file.

Then gave make command. the error thrown was

# make
Using ALL_CFLAGS=-I.. -D_CUPS_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT
Using ALL_CXXFLAGS=-I.. -D_CUPS_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT
Using LDFLAGS=-L../cups -L../filter -Wl,+s,+b,/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib/hpux32:/usr/lib/hpux32/gss -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -fPIC -Os -g -fstack-protector -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -D_INCLUDE_HPUX_SOURCE -D_HPUX_SOURCE
Using LIBS=-lcups -lpthread -lsec
Making all in cups...
Linking libcups.sl.2...
/bin/ld: Can't find library for -lz
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

What is the library that I am missing here???

Thanks,
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CUPS has gone away

I cannot access CUPS When I try http://localhost:631/ I receive This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect. I have purged and reinstalled CUPS and rebooted. It did not help. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPS configuration

Hi, I just set up a CUPS server for my printers and want every computer in my home to use it. To connect to the print server with my Ubuntu 14.04 as a client which possibilities are there, if I don't want to use a client.conf in /etc/cups/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gajeela
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CUPS problems

I am running cups 2.0.2 on solaris 11, trying to get CUPS to report the page count of what was printed correctly. Right now I have the printer configured as post script both on solaris and on the windows box i am printing from. What happens is that when i print more pages than 2, the page count... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt99199
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPs automation

A little background information: We are a company that uses Sharp MFP devices for everyone to print on. We have a lot of MAC BYOD devices. All printing is done through a product called PaperCut which is ran on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Sharp charges our company for each print job done in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdmorecraft
1 Replies

5. Debian

CUPS Cannot recognize lp0

I am trying to print from Debian and receive the following message: "Unable to open device file"/dev/lp0": Permission Denied" The permissions for lp0 are 666. Advice and comments, please. :wall: Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofy613
0 Replies

6. SCO

newbie - CUPS installation & C compiler

Ok new in here so be gentle: I'm a programmer with the need to also be a sys admin on a box running: Client has purchased a Kyocera KM-4035 do it all machine. However, no driver exists for SCO and when I contacted their Kyocera rep he told me to install CUPS. I downloaded CUPS and ran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbxguy
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem with compileing CUPS

Hi guys, I'm trying to install a newer version of CUPS and my compilation fails: # ./configure checking for gawk... gawk checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
4 Replies

8. AIX

Installation of CUPS in AIX

Hi, In cups.org, it is said CUPS 1.1.9 adds support for AIX, adds several performance improvements to the scheduler, adds support for the Apache Include directive, adds new HideImplicitMembers and ImplicitAnyClasses directives, stores user-defined options as differences from the system-defined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

9. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question