Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted?

Top Forums Programming Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted?
# 1  
Old 05-01-2012
Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted?

Im using gdb and when a user disconnects from my server I receive a message
Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x7ffe0304 in ?? ()
I was hoping someone here might have a explination for this message in gdb
# 2  
Old 05-02-2012
We need lots more information. I am assuming by 'my server' you mean your code, the part that acts as a server.

What OS do you have? Please show the output of:
Code:
uname -a

Is this a socket app? Is it threaded?
# 3  
Old 05-02-2012
Ouput:
Code:
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 a 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin

I wanna provide some information about this that might help. It seems to happen when a funtions recv function returns 0 to the while loop below. I might be wrong though but it just seems that way to me.
Code:
        while(keepsake != NULL)
        {
            if(FD_ISSET(keepsake->newfd, &read_fds))
            {
                if(keepsake->state == CHARACTER_LOGIN)      /* Character login    */
                    character_login(keepsake);
                else if(keepsake->state==CREATE_CHARACTER)  /* Character creation */
                    create_character(keepsake);
            }
            keepsake = keepsake->next;
        }

# 4  
Old 05-02-2012
We'll need to see a whole lot more than that... We can't see any of the code which defines any of that, so any of it could be crashing for any reason.

Try printing out the pointers with fprintf(stderr, "%p", pointer); to see if you're getting bad values creeping into your list.
# 5  
Old 05-02-2012
Also here is keepsake:
Code:
struct descr
{
    int newfd;             /* Player socket                             */
    char char_name[11];    /* Character's name                          */
    char char_pass[27];    /* Character's password                      */
    short int sex;         /* Character's sex                           */
    short int char_class;  /* Characters class                          */
    short int char_race;   /* Characters race                           */
    short int state;       /* Game state                                */
    short int create_state;/* Character creation state                  */
    struct descr *next;    /* Used to create a linked list              */
    struct descr *list;    /* Used to define the top of the linked list */
} keepsake;

---------- Post updated at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:25 PM ----------

Ok I tried printing the information. It prints alot because it loops alot before I can get to that part but also it seems to just be a problem with FD_ISSET when somone disconnects. have any ideas on that?
# 6  
Old 05-02-2012
Are you handling EOF? How do you do zero/clr your fds in your loop and at EOF?
# 7  
Old 05-02-2012
You know I don't ever FD_ZERO anything. But I do FD_CLR stuff. How should I FD_ZERO stuff?
FD_CLR is in the loop below:
Code:
        keepsake = descr_list;
        while(descr_list != NULL)
        {
            r = descr_list->next;
            if(descr_list->state == SAY_GOODBY)
            {
                close(descr_list->newfd);
                FD_CLR(descr_list->newfd, &master);
                free(descr_list);
            }
            descr_list = r;
        }
        descr_list = keepsake;

Also when there is only one user and it aborts, the command list displays:
Code:
486                                             create_character(keepsake);
487                             }
488                             keepsake = keepsake->next;
489                     }
490                     keepsake = descr_list;
491                     while(descr_list != NULL)
492                     {
493                             r = descr_list->next;
494                             if(descr_list->state == SAY_GOODBY)
495                             {

And when there are two users and it aborts, the command list displays:
Code:
475                             heart_pulse = 0;
476                     } /* END if (heart_pulse == 15000) */
477                     keepsake = descr_list;
478                     while(keepsake != NULL)
479                     {
480                             if(FD_ISSET(keepsake->newfd, &read_fds))
481                             {
482                                     if(keepsake->state == CHARACTER_LOGIN)      /* Character login    */
483                                             character_login(keepsake);
484                                     else if(keepsake->state==CREATE_CHARACTER)  /* Character creation */

Both of the bottom code are kind of the two loops I posted. You could pretty much copy the main and run it if you comment out a few lines that it is dependent on.

---------- Post updated at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:26 PM ----------

Alright I wanna add that I do FD_ZERO like this before my infinity loop:
Code:
    FD_ZERO(&master);    // clear the master and temp sets
    FD_ZERO(&read_fds);
    FD_ZERO(&write_fds);
    FD_ZERO(&except_fds);

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Free() - Program getting aborted.

I am trying to learn C and while trying out some code, the program is getting aborted while I am calling free(). Here is the code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void print_by_ptr(char **str) { printf("<%s>\n",*str); printf("Now I am modifying the str.\n"); *str =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
3 Replies

2. Solaris

backup aborted

hi all I am getting following error while taking backup using the command ufsdump 0ubf 512 /dev/rmt/0cbn /database/backup2/rman_backup/level0 >> /database/backup2/backup_tape/level0_rman_06sep12 2>&1; from the log i got the error bash# tail -f level0_rman_06sep12 DUMP: Date of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

3. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

4. Programming

Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”?

I am making a command line program in C using XCode. When running the program, it initially does what it is supposed to do (asks me for a file path). However, when I type in a valid and existing file path, it gives me the following error: Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdonova33
6 Replies

5. AIX

nim: error signal number 2 received

Hi to all, i am trying to make mksysb backup of a NIM client machine from NIM master and while i am reading that the backup is done successfully i get an error message below and it doesnt exit the smit screen. also the status of the command appears to be running. is there anybody who knows why... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
3 Replies

6. AIX

Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [default] on AIX 6.1

Hello, One of our customer is getting segmentation fault when he runs his shell script which invokes our executable on AIX 6.1. On AIX 5.3, there were no issues. Here is the truss output. 811242: __loadx(0x0A040000, 0xF0D3A26C, 0x00000000, 0x00000009, 0x00000000) = 0xF026E884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a program to receive the GPS data and send to other server

Hi, I would like to write a program to receive the GPS data and then send the data via network to other program. All of the program is not write yet(include host and sender) All of the server OS is unix or linux Could you mind to give me some idea to do this? Thanks so much! Ken ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenlok
2 Replies

8. Programming

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Dear all, I used debugger from C++ and these are the message I got: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (gdb) info s #0 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 #1 0x00794fa1 in operator delete () from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
5 Replies

9. Programming

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

I ran degugger in C++ and the followings are the message I got: Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (gdb) info s #0 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 #1 0x002e97f5 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Tcp Ip Send Receive Server Program

Requirements: A server program should read a file and send the message to the client . if the file is not there, then switch to the receive part of the same program and receive any messages from the socket. If no messages to receive then switch to send part of the program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question