AIX Login sessions

Operating Systems AIX AIX Login sessions
# 1  
Old 05-13-2005
AIX Login sessions

In AIX v5.2 is there a way to restrict the number of telnet sessions for a particular user ? Say, i want restrict the number of simultaneous telnet session for a particular user to be 3. How do i achieve this.

Appreicate your help
# 2  
Old 05-16-2005
Check out this link and doa search on restricting telnet sessions:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ries/index.jsp

I did one and found something on login.cfg that might be what you are looking for.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What will be the effect of environment variable, when mulitple sessions are opened by same login?

Hello, What will be the effect of environment variable, when mulitple sessions are opened by same login? Following code snippet is part of a shell script. Environment : HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 For Example EXECUTION_DIR=`pwd`/ EXECUTION_DIR_RT=${EXECUTION_DIR}RT/ export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies

2. AIX

Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console.

Hi, i am able to login to AX server thru console but not able to login directly thru server. also the server is not ping-able with other server. filesystem is fine. and OS version is AIX 5.3. please let me know if you need any specific log. thx in advance. Scriptor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

3. AIX

3004-312 All available login sessions are in use.

Hello, I have a strange situation here. I am running an AIX6.1 machine and i face a problem when i am trying to login via telnet. When i use my username and password to login to the server i get the following message: 3004-312 All available login sessions are in use. The weird thing is that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
3 Replies

4. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

5. AIX

Limitation for SFTP on AIX number of sessions

Hello. I am using AIX 6 and If wish to receive more than 500 files via SFTP, I get some time out errors. Could you please advise where is the limit for number of concurrent transfers setup in AIX Box or what is the limit and can that be changed? Many Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to login with root for more than 2 sessions

Hi, I am unable to login with root for more than 2 sessions. Plz help any thing need to updated? Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

7. AIX

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
0 Replies

8. AIX

not able to login to aix

Aix version 5.2. We restarted the server last night. after that we are not able to login from the workstations. we are just able to login in the console. when we try to login thru' netterm or telnet it gives the following error. "password required, but none set". We are able to ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
1 Replies

9. AIX

Implicit login in AIX

only wanted to know .. if I have some tivoli jobs running with different user .. will this mean that everytime the job invokes .. the .profile runs for that user ... or is it that the .profile runs only at explicit LOGINs ... e.g if a cron calls a job under some user, does it run the .profile of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote startup of login & sessions

Hello All, I would like to know if anyone has done or has information on how to start a workstation up form another remote station. For example I am sitting at station A and I want to start up a session on station B, setting display to output on station B "0.0". Here is the tricky part station... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question