Hi,
I tried to compile vim on AIX OS.

I tried all version from 6.4 to 7.2 and
the effect is the same.

./configuration --prefix=/home/me OK
make
The make try to compile first file buffer.c ane it gived me message like this
Code:
        gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA     -g -O2         -o objects/buffer.o buffer.c
In file included from /usr/include/wctype.h:25,
                 from vim.h:458,
                 from buffer.c:28:
/opt/freeware/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0/4.0.0/include/wchar.h:299: error: parse error before 'mbstate_t'
/opt/freeware/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0/4.0.0/include/wchar.h:302: error: parse error before 'mbstate_t'

Can any body help me
# 2  
Old 12-04-2009
IBM provides working versions of VIM on the CD labled "AIX Toolbox for Linux Applications" that is provided with the AIX distribution CD's. IBM also provides all of these packages for download here
Padow
# 3  
Old 12-07-2009
Thx for answer I have 6.3 version but I want to recompile newest version I need this funcionality. I
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compilation C program

Hi guys... Im trying to compile a program written in C.. I am able to compile it to X86, especifically Ubuntu.. But i cant compile it to mips ar71xx architecture.. im using mips-linux-uclibc-gcc cross compiler. this is the portion of code: //STAT: LOGIN INFO // 3. login info i =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordtrex
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation

Hi All, Do we have a way to compile a shell program? I am using ksh/bash/sh and not CSH. Cheers Ravi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation Error

I am getting the below given errors for the following program though all the variables have been declared and used appropriately. Please Help. The environment is AIX. Error: ------ "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.4: 1506-275 (S) Unexpected text 'void' encountered. "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.10:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation

Hi All, We have a C program existing in one of the folders which I have to modify a lil bit, When I'm trying to compile the program using GCC or CC command its showing as ksh: gcc: not found is that mean there is no compiler or do I have to verify for something, please advice Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diggermf
2 Replies

6. Linux

c++ compilation error

Hello every one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ module using gcc.it is throwing a error . error: ==== > make -S dummyCHARGP /usr/local/bin/gcc -g -DDEBUG -DMAT -I. -I/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/lib/Linux/ -I/opt/dce/include -I/opt/dce/include/dce ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
12 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation problem on HP-UX

Hi, Environment : HP-UX avalon B.11.11 U 9000/800 3547052374 unlimited-user license aCC version :aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37 I need to find a way out of this errors.can anyone help me . $ aCC db.cc -I$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public -I/disk1/oracle/product/10.2.0.2/* Error (future)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varuntayur
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation Options

hi, currently I have Fedora Core 7 and I use the Compiler ported with FC7. i.e "cc src.c". but I am unable to explore the Compilation Options that can be passed with cc... like cc -c and options like that.. but when I tried man cc, I did not find any mnaual page for CC.. so now how do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
2 Replies

9. Solaris

compilation problem

I am compiling a software named wine When i run make then at the end following error generated. DVAPI32_ -foversion.res version.rc ld.so.1: ../../tools/wrc/wrc: fatal: relocation error: file ../../tools/wrc/wrc: symbol wine_casemap_upper: referenced symbol not found *** Signal 9 make:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel compilation

I have re-compiled kernel source code available in /usr/src/linux.2.4.20 with "make" command. The compilation is succesful. Now the problem is create the image for this. The documentation in the same folder says that now you have compile "make image". There is no option for image in Makefile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mankrish
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question