Colloring Status of process or package

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Colloring Status of process or package
# 1  
Old 10-10-2008
Colloring Status of process or package

Hi there all again,

I am building a menu script for viewing packages and deamons and printers and all..

I know how to collor text to red or green.
But I get my results from status and put it in a array.
How can I change a result that is standing in a array to build collor around it.
For example

STATE_XCFA[1] can be UP or DOWN
If it is UP I want it to be green and if it is DOWN i want it to be red.

Example so you see where I'm getting at.
Echo "STATUS: ${STATE_XCFA[1]} | STATE: ${STATE_XCFA[2]} | NODE: ${STATE_XCFA[4]}|\n"

Should show as follow

Or

Thanx people!
# 2  
Old 10-10-2008

Code:
case ${STATE_XCFA[1]} in
     UP) clr=32 ;;
     DOWN) clr=31 ;;
     *) clr=0;
esac
printf "STATUS: \e[${clr}m%s\e[0m | STATE: \e[${clr}m%s\e[0m | NODE: \e[${clr}m%s\e[0m|\n" \
       "${STATE_XCFA[1]}" "${STATE_XCFA[2]}" "${STATE_XCFA[4]}"

# 3  
Old 10-10-2008
which shell are you using?? because what mr.johnson suggested might not work in all shell
# 4  
Old 10-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
which shell are you using?? because what mr.johnson suggested might not work in all shell

My suggestion will work in all Bourne-type shells.

It will not work in some non-standard terminals.
# 5  
Old 10-13-2008
I'm using Korn
# 6  
Old 10-13-2008
This goes together with my other question actually.
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...selection.html
So ummmm how do I set this up how you explain it?
I am using korn
I'm on a HP UX System
# 7  
Old 10-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco
This goes together with my other question actually.
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...selection.html
So ummmm how do I set this up how you explain it?

Put the code I gave you into your script. Adjust it as necessary to conform to your use.
Quote:
I am using korn

The Korn shell is a Bourne-type shell.
Quote:
I'm on a HP UX System
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check status of process

Hi All, Have a query How to check for a process and if down start it , try if for 2 times and its not starting don't do it My code is working to some extent but while starting try starting both times. Please advise , whats wrong here ? if you have any other approach please do share. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

3. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the process status

Hi, I have a cron job which runs every ten minutes, now i hav to check the process whether it is running or not only once and then this should be sent to a log file.. crontab : 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * a process check ps = 'ps -ef |grep a ' if then echo " Success" >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check the process Status and do something

Hi we have weblogic deployed under Linux Enterprise 5 . Now i want to write a script that checks if weblogic is running or not I have found that weblogic uses Java as process . Can i do this way : my Script File : Echo Checking Status if then echo Server Running else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Status of a Linux process

All, I have fair amount of knowledge about shell scripting, but only liitle on system administration. I would like to know how to analyze whether the particular linux process is alive or not ? If it is alive, will it affect the performace of other process ?. Also is it still consuming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

7. Programming

process status

hello everybody!! i want to post a question! is there any way to get process status using C commands? To be more specific, i want to know whether a process is running or is stop or killed. thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List Process with their Status.

Hi all, How can I get the list of all the processes that are either Orphan or Zombie or Running or Ended or Stopped ? Please suggest !! Thanks. Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting status of a signal in process?

Hi all, How can a process be aware of the signals it handles. I looked at available signal API, but couldn't find any help. If a process defines it own handler for a signal, the default handler for that signal becomes overridden. I am interested in getting to know the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluehive
2 Replies

10. AIX

Process status display

On AIX 5.2, I use "ps -ef " command to display the process status, the field of command looks like: , the detailed contents are: # ps -ef |grep rtesfmrt Display: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 The origianl format shoud be: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question