using Octave and bash command together

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using Octave and bash command together
# 1  
Old 01-24-2012
using Octave and bash command together

Hej all,

I have an script which I run it with Octave command in Linux, I want to know how could I put bash commands like grep and sed and use them together with octave?

My Octave script:

Script.sh:

Code:
m = load ("file", "-ascii")
for i=1:10
    g(i)= sin(m)
end

and then I use this command for running it:

Code:
Octave Script.sh

How could I use bash commands like grep and sed inside the octave script?
# 2  
Old 01-24-2012
Using octave in bash sounds much more feasible than vice versa.
# 3  
Old 01-24-2012
don't know octave, but is system() command found in octave, similar as other language?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to install Octave?

This is probably something really simple, but I don't get it. I downloaded a copy of Octave and extracted it to octave-2.1.73-sol10-sparc-local. Now what do I do with it? I chmod'ed it to 777 and tried running it which just gave me an endless stream of errors. Here's the beginning of the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Where Octave stores it's variables

Hej guys, I'm doing some simple matrix operations with octave and don't know where and how it stores it's variables. Is there any file somewhere that could be accessed? I was using MATLAB before and now Octave is new for me. Or maybe I should use some commands to save and load it. but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
0 Replies

3. Tips and Tutorials

Octave --- My octuple boot laptop

As I promised in several threads, here are some notes on how I installed several Operating Systems on my laptap. I will give links to the tools that I obtained from various third parties. And I will include the source code for a few scripts that I wrote. Introduction A few months ago the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question