Issue with image file name contaning Japaneese characters

Operating Systems Solaris Issue with image file name contaning Japaneese characters
# 1  
Old 07-01-2009
Issue with image file name contaning Japaneese characters

Hi,

i have created some image files with name conatining Japaneese characters "Banner Image 2 _ with Japan char_こくさいかんけい.jpg", but when i see this file in unix file system (through WinSCP) its showing lilke "Banner Image 2 _ with Japan
char_こくさいかんけい.jpg". Becoz of this the image is not appearing in the portal.

I believe that this issue will be get resolved if i add japanese language (japan locale) to the OS.

If i am right how can i add some more locales to my OS (Sun Solaris).

Any help/Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chandran
# 2  
Old 07-02-2009
If Solaris shows the filename correctly but WINSCP does not then then I believe it is the Windows end that needs something doing to correct the displaying of the Japanese characters. If a Solaris file browser (e.g. dtfile(1) )shows the file listed in incorrectly then installing the fonts and partial locale would be required but I don't think it would resolve the problem at the Windows end.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special characters issue

Hi I'm trying to replace string1 by string2 in file homepage.htm as follows but is not working. Please Help: sedsed -i "s@'://your server name:port/test/owa'@'://11.22.33.44:5555/pls/SAMPLE'@g" homepage.htm Where, String1 ://your server name:port/test/owa String2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koazter
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file + image/form/overlay file to PDF

Hi, We have an app specific legacy environment running SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I need to be able to (1) scan a pre-existing form consisting of logo/boxes/lines/static text as an image , (2) lay a print file from the app "on top of the image" and (3) output the "merge" as a PDF file. Scanning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 65bit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify an iso image file

Hi, I'm trying to create a customized debian installer on a USB key. I found a tutorial on how to create the usb key. After the USB key is prepared, all you have to do is to copy the iso file to the stick. So what I need to do now is to be able to modify the content of the iso file before... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with ^B characters in the file

Hello- I have a csv file with japan email ids as the last column(pipe delimited file). One of the email ids has some special characters which are not displayed on my UNIX box, however when ftped to local(Windows machine) I can see the email id terminated with a square box instead of pipe. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
2 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb file image

Hello, I have an mksysb image in my disk, created like: # mksysb -i /mnt/backup/lpar2.image I want to know if this image could be copied to a tape and make it a boot image. Thanks Enzote (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing scalars contaning "DOUBLE QUOTES" as data

Hello to all, Does anyone know the solution ? Two strings A and B are present. I want to check whether B is a Substring of A. 1. The value of A is - 29 * * * /bin/ls "test" "tmp*" "log*" (Note: Pl note that A contains DOUBLEQUOTES, ASTERISK & FRONTSLASH) 2. The value of B is -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rssrik
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to generate an image file from FD

I need to create an image file from the floppy disk... I think "dd" is the command im looking for but i dont know how it works... :confused: can anyone tell how to do that?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Esteban
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question