API for compress exist ?

Operating Systems AIX API for compress exist ?
# 1  
Old 02-01-2011
API for compress exist ?

Hi all,

I would like to know if an API for compress (.Z) exists in C ?

I want to write a program which process a large number of data files with efficient compression at the end.

Thanks
# 2  
Old 02-01-2011
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Face-api.js — JavaScript API for Face Recognition in the Browser with tensorflow.js

Ref: https://itnext.io/face-api-js-javascript-api-for-face-recognition-in-the-browser-with-tensorflow-js-bcc2a6c4cf07 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

3. Programming

perl api

Does anyone have any example of how to use the perl api within Build Forge (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

4. Programming

API in C for compress (.Z) ?

Hi all, I would like to know if an API for compress (.Z) exists in C ? I want to write a program which process a large number of data files with efficient compression at the end. Thanks http://fedora.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: domiq44
4 Replies

5. Programming

Help With API or Code

Hi: Well, i need to do a program for control the labs time of the students in my university. This program that I have to do it got to be on C++ or C, and have to do a several things like, check all the process that the user execute when he star his session on KDE or console, sometime close an no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonel06033
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

7. Programming

LDAP - is there an API

Hi, I've just been experimenting with AIX's ldapsearch utility - I've been successfully using it to retrieve information from an Active Directory, however, I need to make similar calls from a C program. Is there a suitable LDAP API on AIX which will give me similar capabilties to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phykell
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tyoes of API

What is Low-Level API and High-Level API? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumsin
1 Replies

9. AIX

API question

Machine and OS : IBM 7044-170 AIX 4.3.3 Hi, everyone I have a question , pls help me to resolve. In IBM AIX , how to obtain the CPU Load and other infomations by System API Fuction. Wait for your reply ......., Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question