command to terminate

Top Forums Programming command to terminate
# 1  
Old 01-25-2007
command to terminate

hi all
how to terminate command eecution process.

can you please show me the way

thank you
# 2  
Old 01-25-2007
could you please elaborate your question.

Termination needs a signal to be delivered to the process via kernel which in turns delivers signals.

It could be either through the kill command or the key strokes which generate the required signal.

Also you could search the forum as this topic had been discussed many times Smilie
# 3  
Old 01-25-2007
The exit command causes a shell script or command line process to stop executing. ctrl/c also usually stops and executing command when it is not responding.

But Matrix is right - your problem is not very clear.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate a process using shell script

Hi, I am writing a shell script to run a process and write the output of the process to a file. Inside program.sh: ./process.sh > tempfile .. open tempfile do the following But the problem is that process.sh is running indefinitely and program.sh is not executed completely. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamgirl314
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate initially if error found...

Hi, I have written a shell script which is a combination of 5 scripts into one. We have a Record Claim indicator in the scpt ($rc) with which we can come to an conclusion if the script failed to load the data or if the data loaded successfully. Can any one please help me as to how to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminate a port connection

I have executed a command which has ports that have to be assigned. then I deleted the files. Now I need to reinstall the command. but it says the ports are not free How to terminate the port connections and reinstall in solaris unix ---------- Post updated at 09:07 PM ----------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Application terminate

OS : Solaris X86 gcc version 3.4.6 when i run my application, C with Motif application crashed and formed core. I collected the truss ouput. Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS %pc = 0xFE8B35CD siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000275 Received signal #11, SIGSEGV siginfo:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate process

We have a system user "oracle_usr" always run some process in the system , but sometimes , these processes will not stop automatically until we terminate the process , can suggest the method how to terminate the process that is run by "oracle_usr" and run over 10 minutes ? thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

terminate process

I want to have a script to terminate the system process that generated by user oracle_usr and have already processed for over 10 minutes , could suggest the script ? thx (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

terminate the process

In my system , there are a system user "cronusr" , it is mainly to run the crontab job in the database .Sometimes the cronjob process will be failure ( due to some reason ) so that many cronusr process are in the system , it affect other process in the system , I want to have a script that can... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate session on completing script

Hai all.. How do i terminate my telnet session automatically when my java applicatiion exits. i have a file run which executes my java application and takes care of all class and library path settings prior to the execution. I would like to terminate my session when my application exits. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepsteptom
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to terminate a tail -f

I am developing a script with a tail -f in it. My problem is how to terminate it and execute the next line. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DonVince
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question