PHP and MySQL

Top Forums Programming PHP and MySQL
# 1  
Old 09-06-2012
PHP and MySQL

Hello,

While I was interpretation the PHP manual on database security the recent past, it said that you should by no means connect to the database as the super user but rather as one more user with more limited options.
My question is:
How do you generate new users and set access levels for them in MySQL?

Secondly, if a website does not offer PHP Admin, how can I use a database I created in phpMyAdmin on my PC for that website?

Thank in Advance
# 2  
Old 09-06-2012
I've found sqlzoo.net to be a decent reference for a variety of different databases.

As for your other question, it's more a question of what access you do have than what access you don't.
# 3  
Old 09-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimyThomas
Hello,

While I was interpretation the PHP manual on database security the recent past, it said that you should by no means connect to the database as the super user but rather as one more user with more limited options.
My question is:
How do you generate new users and set access levels for them in MySQL?

Secondly, if a website does not offer PHP Admin, how can I use a database I created in phpMyAdmin on my PC for that website?

Thank in Advance
You can easily create new users and grant them various database privileges. Just Google MySQL CREATE USER and you will find it so easily; this is pretty basis MySQL stuff. (Or use the reference from the link provided by Corono688).

phpMyAdmin is just a web-based tool for MySQL admin. You can easily do the same thing with command like tools like mysql - the MySQL command-line tool

Quote:
mysql is a simple SQL shell with input line editing capabilities. It supports interactive and noninteractive use. When used interactively, query results are presented in an ASCII-table format. When used noninteractively (for example, as a filter), the result is presented in tab-separated format. The output format can be changed using command options.
As for database migration, just export the database to a SQL file and then import the SQL file into a new database. That is how standard migration is done.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Can't Install MySQL with PHP

Hi, I'm on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Wheezy. I urgently need to get MySQL running with PHP, but I get an error. For example: $con=mysql_connect("127.0.0.1","root","******","ids"); gives PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() So, I found I needed to install some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddoT
2 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Migration of website... PHP/Mysql -which path for DB.php

Hi, I have two websites: website1.com and website2.com I didn't write either but have successfully moved all the files from website1.com to website2.com I (thought) I installed all the correct php modules and website2 is mostly up and running. However, my boss found that when we go to a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql is not connected in php

Hi, The php is not able to connect into my mysql database. But i can able to connect by manually. I think that I have missed some points. Please guild for the same. Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL - PHP

Hello every one i have question i want to build DATAbase using PHP as interface i use shell to access to linux . i have in linux psql and SQLplus i'll call all html files that has db tabels from shell directory. what should to do before design php pages. can build the database sql design... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scotch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP/MySQL slow_queries

Hi All, I have a problem with my database having lots of 'stale' slow_queries. I think the problem may be because of the following code: $numresults=mysql_query("select * from links where catagory=".$catagory." order by linknum"); $numrows=mysql_num_rows($numresults); I believe this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something went awfully wrong in PHP+MySQL :(

When I'm running a few statements through mysql console, they are working just fine but when I'm trying to write some logic in php and trying to execute it, its awfully slow.. Its perhaps performing, 10 queries in 20 seconds... :( Why is this happening? My table structures are: Name:... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with PHP and MySQL

Okay, I'm new to this PHP and MySQL stuff, so help would be VERY much appreciated. :) On my iMac runnning Panther, it has MySQL and PHP installed. Yet when I view a PHP file from the iMac or another computer at my house, I get the source code. What's wrong? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP and MySQL

I want to design a database, using mysql as a backend, and PHP as the frontend, I wanna be able to easily build forms in PHP to communicate with MySQL, is there any programs that will allow this, I really dont want to program all the forms by hand.. thankyou (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalick
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

mysql php

with a limited knowledege of php and sql, what is a good and secure way to do passwords running an https server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question