Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team
# 1  
Old 01-01-2019
Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

On this special Happy News Year day, 1 January 2019, I am pleased to promote Ravinder Singh to UNIX.COM Moderator, for at least the following reasons:
  1. Ravinder Loves UNIX.COM
  2. Ravinder has 1,372 Thanks, which puts him in the Top Ten in that important single category.
  3. Ravinder is one of the few people here who have consistently made very positive suggestions to improve the forums for users, which is I why I awarded him the first "Formulator" badge, for his many ideas for the forums over the years.
  4. Ravinder has been very patient with me. Even when he has great ideas and it takes me months to implement, he is always happy, positive to the forums and toward me. He has a very positive attitude.
  5. Ravinder has a deep desire to code projects here, but his 13 hours work days and long daily drive to work in Bangalore does not give him much time (so I don't expect he will actually become a coder anytime soon, but he has the passion).
  6. Ravinder has 2,837 posts, which is quite a lot, when you think about it.
  7. Did I mention, Ravinder has a passion for this site?
  8. Ravinder wants to be a Moderator. I don't need to ask him if he wants to Mod. Being a Mod here has been his goal for many years.

For all the reasons above and more, Ravinder deserves to be the first person promoted to Moderator in 2019. 1 January is a special day and so I have waited until Happy New Year's day (Bangalore time where Ravinder is working today) to promote Ravinder to the Mod Team.

Please join me in welcoming Ravinder to the Mod Team. Congrats Ravinder!

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
# 2  
Old 01-01-2019
Hi Ravinder,
Congratulations on the well deserved promotion. Welcome to the world of moderating!

I look forward to your continued participation on UNIX.com with your new capabilities.

Cheers,
Don

P.S. Note that from where I sit (here in California), you were promoted in 2018; not on New Year's Day in 2019. Nonetheless, Happy New Year to everyone out there!
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:
# 3  
Old 01-01-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
Hi .... P.S. Note that from where I sit (here in California), you were promoted in 2018; not on New Year's Day in 2019. Nonetheless, Happy New Year to everyone out there!

Haha.. It's 11:30 AM Bangalore time, New Years Day.

I was actually going to promote Ravinder at the clock stroke of Midnight Bangalore time, the first tick of the clock on New Years Day 2019 Bangalore time, but it was 1:30 AM (I am 1 1/5 hours ahead of Ravinder) here and I fell asleep!!
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
# 4  
Old 01-01-2019
Hey Ravinder, congrats and welcome to the mod team!
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:
# 5  
Old 01-01-2019
WOW!

Absolutely terrific, congratulations.

Well done Rav', you have earned that position.

Look forwards to more input from you.

Bazza...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:
# 6  
Old 01-01-2019
Welcome to the mods Ravinder Smilie
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:
# 7  
Old 01-01-2019
Welcome in our team Ravinder
Well deserved promotion, keep up the good job! Smilie
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Moderators of the Year 2019 - Ravinder Singh and Victor Berridge

Today, I am very pleased to announce that the Moderator of the Year Award, 2019 has two very deserving winners. Ravinder Singh (RavinderSingh13) and Victor Berridge (vbe) Victor (vbe) has been a member of unix.com close to 15 years (first joined the site in 2005) and has been moderating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Akshay Hegde to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Akshay Hegde: Akshay Hegde on LinkedIn Akshay has been very helpful to the site over the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Yoda (Bipin Ajith) to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Yoda: Bipin Ajith (Yoda) Yoda has been hanging around unix.com for over eight years now and... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Peasant to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our new policy for future forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating our new addition to our mod team, Peasant: Peasant (Filip Skoblar) on LinkedIn Peasant is also an active moderator on our... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Ravinder Singh Just Earned His Green Web Dev Ops Badge

Congrats to Ravinder Singh for his new Green Web Dev Ops badge. Everyone starts to learn and grown in technology and Ravinder is starting to learn Web Dev and is making progress quickly. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1010.png (6 Replies)
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question