if (statbuf.st_mode & S_IWRITE){?> w <?}?>
</th><th>
<b><?=ctime(&statbuf.st_ctime)?></b>
Is there any other (more sure) method
to do this in C/C++?
Smilie
# 2  
Old 10-14-2003
I'm not sure what that gibberish is. Some sort of scripting language based on c++?

But try using st_mtime instead of st_ctime.
# 3  
Old 10-14-2003
Quote:
I'm not sure what that gibberish is. Some sort of scripting language based on c++?
No, this is native C/C++ - HTML-embedded (it is transcoded
to real C++ and compiled by common g++ - see preprocessor here -
now I try to crossplatform it Smilie )

Quote:
But try using st_mtime instead of st_ctime
it does't help - all three vars (st_mtime, st_ctime and st_atime)
have the same values! What can be a problem?
OS is Linux RH9.
# 4  
Old 10-14-2003
Use the ls command on the file in question.

ls -l file # show mtime
ls -lc file # show ctime
ls -lu file # show atime
# 5  
Old 11-05-2003
Works!
Thank you!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file modified more than once

Hi All, How to find a file modified more than once.... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a file when the inode modified time of the other file changes

i have a requirement where i needed to change variable values in a properties file(first file) whenever there is change to Release details file(second file). My question is do i have to create a daemon process that always checks the modified time/inode change of the second file and then change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many days since a file was modified?

I am trying to write a script to backup my laptop to a NAS drive using rsync. I want the backup to be done, only if it has been more than a week since my last backup. Each time the rsync command executes, I also create a file backuptime.txt file, with the time at which the script completed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandjayaraman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last modified file in 2 or more directories

Hi, Is there any simple way to get the last modified file in a set of 2 or more directories? This should return one file only (not 1 file per directory) Thanks for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m69w
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete the last modified file

Hi All, I have the following script to delete the last modified file in a directory. #!/bin/ksh if file in $(ls -t /home/KOP/Purge | head -1) then rm -f $file fi But I keep getting the error 0653-901 Cannot get file status Any suggestions or comments as to where I'm getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who modified my file!!

Hi EVERYONE!!... Just a simple (yet critical from my perspective) doubt... I would like to know who had edited my file.. when I use ls -l command, I see my ID.. but when I edit using some other ID, I had expected that ID to be shown.. but still ls -l shows my ID only.. So, is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last modified date of a file?

I am trying to load a group of files and their last dates modified into a text file that will in turn be used with SQL*Loader to load these files into Oracle. I am using a *.ksh script. I am getting the name of the file in by using the following: for file_ext in 'cat loaddir.ext'; do find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akpopa
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question