String type to date type

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String type to date type
# 1  
Old 05-30-2007
String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable.
# 2  
Old 05-30-2007
Can you provide some example of what you are trying to do?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count occurrence of string (based on type) in a column using awk

Hello, I have a table that looks like what is shown below: AA BB CC XY PQ RS AA BB CC XY RS I would like the total counts depending on the set they belong to: if search pattern is in {AA, BB, CC} --> count them as Type1 | wc -l (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Multiple Files adding date timestamp before file type

There are files in a directory and I have to move multiple files adding datetimestamp before the file type. /Data/ abc.csv def.csv ghi.csv I have to move this files to archive directory adding datatimestamp before .csv /archive/ abc_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv def_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to filter specific type of files older than certain date.

Hi I need to find the list of files in a directory and to do some specific operations based on the type of files. suppose in a directory am having .dat , .log, .err, .rej file types. i need to filter out .dat and .log only which are older than six months. i used the below query but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Military type format date/time conversion

Hello All, I have a requirement to convert a 12 hour format to 24 hour time format and the sample input /out put is below Input Time format : Nov 2 2011 12:16AM Out Put Format : Nov 2 2011 0:16 Input : Nov 2 2011 4:16PM Out Put: Nov 2 2011 16:16 I have done this using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
6 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Type of RAM

Hello All Is there a way I can find out the type of RAM (DDR1 or DDR2 or DDR3), I'm using withoout opening the cabinet? Any Windows command? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring a variabale as string type

I know that directly we can assign a string to a variable but is there any other way to declare a variable as string type. I am using tcsh shell where I am using a function which would return a value of string type but when I am using return keyword , it is returning only integer value.pls help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what are the different type of Date functions?

Hi I am planning to create a script that would create a backup of files of previous days or months. ls -lrt grep date | awk '{print $3$4$5}' | tar xvf | /home/tmp can you help me with this line.. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

9. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question