invalid getconf output and Perl compile

Operating Systems Solaris invalid getconf output and Perl compile
# 1  
Old 05-02-2007
invalid getconf output and Perl compile

I was compiling perl on a Solaris 10 server. The compile failed because the output of getconf is wrong (it indicates xarch is generic64 not v9. This is a known bug but I cannot find a fix. I wrote a script as suggested that changes it but when you run getconf again it goes back to generic64.

/usr/bin/getconf -a | sed -e 's/generic64/v9/'

I havn't tried to compile perl now but I imagine that it will run compile and get the generic64, instead of v9.

Any suggestions?
# 2  
Old 05-02-2007
Try setting up an alias:

Code:
alias getconf='getconf -a | sed -e 's/generic64/v9/''

# 3  
Old 05-02-2007
The problem is there are a number of getconf's in the install I think, for other things. I have been working on this all day and the only person I saw that solved this didn't post his fix and isn't at the email address anymore.

Thanks
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Different sizes with getconf DISK_SIZE and lspv

Hi all, when I issue a lspv <hdisk>, I get TOTAL PPs: 7199 (1842944 megabytes) When I issue a getconf DISK_SIZE /dev/<hdisk>, I get 1048576 Where do those additional ~800 GB come from the output of lspv.. anyone an idea? The volume is an EMC LUN provided by a VIOS and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL compile

I have PERL program( which uses diff modules inside the program) and running it using installed PERL ( PERL 5.8.8) on unix box. Now I want to run these programs on a diff unix box , but, they don't want to install PERL . I never compiled PERL before . what are my options to run this program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - how to assign output of perl to variable

Hi, guys, i have a script i inherited from a coworker but i'm not perl savy. The script works but i would like it to work better. I want to run this command ./ciscomgrtest.pl -r "show version" -h hosts.router and have the script goto each router in the hosts.router file and run the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whipuras
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec perl in expect script yields "invalid command"

I'm trying to execute something like this: exec perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' '${file}' in my expect script and I get: error "invalid command name \"perl\". however, if I run perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' "/Users/Shared/menu-items.txt" directly in my terminal, it runs fine. I'm an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpouliot
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script with rsh gets stty invalid message

I have a Perl script, that does a system call with rsh to a remote machine. #!/usr/bin/env perl system ("rsh remote-machine echo 99"); And I get the following: stty: standard input: Invalid argument 99 I've tried replacing the system call with below, but I still get the same stty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slchin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compile error when running Perl cpan

Hello all! I'm trying to compile the GD module for Perl on Redhat AS 4. It fails when trying to link to libjpeg. The machine is a AMD Opteron 64 machine so I figure it's some kind of 32 vs 64bit interference in the lib dir? Any idéas? CPAN.pm: Going to build L/LD/LDS/GD-2.41.tar.gz ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getconf LONG_BIT and isainfo conflict

I wish to programmatically determine whether a solaris system is 32-bit or 64-bit. Investigation on the web suggested that the following commands were the right way to test this: # isainfo -kv # getconf LONG_BIT Strangely, on all three of the solaris systems I have access to, isainfo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosrednayduj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get following output in perl

Hi, I am new to perl. I am trying to write a perl program that will print out following output. 1:1 2:1,2 3:1,2,3 4:1,2,3,4 5:1,2,3,4,5 6:1,2,3,4,5,6 Script need to be written in for loop. Please help thanks -Lalit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question