libcurl.so.4 problem

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat libcurl.so.4 problem
# 1  
Old 08-18-2011
libcurl.so.4 problem

libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: Loading network library (net.so) failed!
Press Q to shut down the server!

What must I do ? Smilie
# 2  
Old 08-18-2011
Can you give us some clue as to when do you get this error? Is this from starting up a service?
# 3  
Old 08-18-2011
Nope, I think It giving this error because my VPS haven't got YUM, GCC or cURL.
# 4  
Old 08-18-2011
You don't need YUM or GCC to run a program built with GCC which was installed by YUM, but you do plainly need libcurl to run a program dynamically linked to libcurl. Try ls -l /usr/lib/libcurl* to see if you maybe have it but the wrong version.
# 5  
Old 08-18-2011
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Mar 31 2010 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 -> libcurl.so.3.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 246092 Mar 31 2010 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3.0.0

Said this.
# 6  
Old 08-18-2011
so that is the wrong version, corona was right on target with this:

your program is looking for libcurl.so.4 and you have libcurl.so.3
# 7  
Old 08-18-2011
How to update it? I don't know a bit about Linux ^^
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

libcurl - how to do GET form posting in C?

Hi, I'm learning libcurl so that I can use it in my GTK+/C program and went through the tutorial and code samples but it has only mentioned about POST form as the site I'm using has the GET form and only thing I found googling was using the command in xterm which I don't want. I would be very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaeezzy
1 Replies

2. Programming

libcurl multi interface problem

Hello, I'm trying to use libcurl multi interface to fetch several data in parallel. I would expect this to be faster than performing repeated fetches using the easy interface, but for some reason I can't obtain any speed up at all: using the multi interface actually turns out to be MUCH slower than... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clalfa
2 Replies

3. Programming

Libcurl - Progress Data

Hi, I codding a download manager,use libcurl library.i can download any file easily.But i want to show file detail in console.Some of them, File Size Percent Left Time Libcurl has some functions to use,but there isnt good documentation to understand them. i cant find any example to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
2 Replies

4. Programming

Multithread,libcurl

Hi i m codding a programm,it can download any packet from ftp,I use libcurl library. But i want to use threads for downloading.(Multithreading).i cant get ftp file size from ftp and divide packet small pieces,like threads use. Please share your experince with me ,thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question