.../sun/install - aborting!

Operating Systems Solaris .../sun/install - aborting!
# 1  
Old 09-16-2008
.../sun/install - aborting!

Hi all,
Server newly installed M5000 ..
OS - solaris 10.

so want to install as usual recommended patches ..
root@msdb# cd /mnt/sun/install
root@msdb# ./setup-standart.sh

You are not running this script from .../sun/install - aborting!

root@msdb#

I have seen it first time Smilie Have done a lot of initial installation ..but havent seen it ..

so in that script in which step it gives me this error :

--------------
BASE=""

if [ `/usr/bin/id | /usr/bin/cut -c-6` != 'uid=0(' ]
then
echo ""
echo "You are not running this script as user root - aborting!"
echo ""
exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f ../.release ]
then
echo ""
echo "You are not running this script from .../sun/install - aborting!"
echo ""
exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f profile-root ]
then
echo ""
echo "Please change directory to .../sun/install & try again"
echo ""
exit 1
fi
--------------------
as you see on line
if [ ! -f ../.release ]

so where is it looking release file ?

this script is under /mnt/sun/install
so it is lookin in /mnt/sun ?
or it will take path of BASE="" that is in begin of script?

so what causes this problem ?
# 2  
Old 09-16-2008
Does /mnt/.release exist?
# 3  
Old 09-16-2008
setup_standard.sh is not for installing patches. this is the setup programm from EIS-DVD to install scripts an other tools from sun. this is for authorized sun partner and sun personal only!
if you have access to EIS-DVD and you want to share it in your network, share the /cdrom/cdrom0 directory...
# 4  
Old 09-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by seg
Does /mnt/.release exist?
no of course .. iso image of EIS I mounted to /mnt
instead of /mnt there can be any other mount point ..
# 5  
Old 09-16-2008
I think that you are looking for a script like: installbundle.sh
# 6  
Old 09-16-2008
There should be a readme with the bundle...
Quote:
README

NAME: Solaris 10 05/08 Patch Bundle

DATE: 29/05/2008

INTENT:
------

This patch bundle provides the equivalent set of patches that are pre-applied in
the Solaris 10 05/08 (Update 5) release image.

The rationale for making this patch bundle available results from customer
feedback.

Customers may find that new Sun hardware comes pre-installed with a later
Solaris 10 Update release than the Solaris 10 version running on other hardware
which the customer may already be using. Indeed, some new hardware may only be
supported from a specific Update release onwards.

Some customers have expressed the wish to bring all their systems up to the same
# 7  
Old 09-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
setup_standard.sh is not for installing patches. this is the setup programm from EIS-DVD to install scripts an other tools from sun. this is for authorized sun partner and sun personal only!
if you have access to EIS-DVD and you want to share it in your network, share the /cdrom/cdrom0 directory...
Yes I know for what this script, and I am Sun authorized partner Smilie but I do not want to share it .. I only want to run it .. I can not understand why does it search release in ../.release in another word in /mnt .. Lets say if i will not mount it to /mnt but will insert it normally to cdrom ..and it mounts it to /cdrom/cdrom0 so there also it will not find .release Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk inside shell and script aborting

Hi I have a requirement where i need to convert the xml in various lines into a single line and then split the file so that the file contains only 1000 records each. searching this forum, i found a command which converts the xml in various line into a single line, but i have trouble using that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
3 Replies

2. Solaris

SUN 10 OS on Sparc T4-2, how to install?

Dear all! I've received 4 servers Sparc T4-2 on a rack, those servers was built in Solaris 11 ZFS bundled. Our Application is not coporated with the Sun 11, so, I must reinstall them. However, whenever I ran cdrom in "ok prompt> bood cdrom", I received the line "Can not load cdrom". Recheck... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
9 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install sun-python26.pkg

how to install sun-python26.pkg in solaris 10 with webstack? where i can find this file ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanto85
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Install Redhat 5.3 on Sun X4170

Hi everyone, The machine, I can install RHEL 4.5 but i can't install 5.3 version. ( All by CD DVD) Server has a SAS PCI-Express LSI 3081E Host Bus Adapter for 2 local drives. When i install 4.5 it can recognize the LSI Raid Volume but with 5.3 it said "No driver found" "Unable to find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

5. Solaris

sun install

I want to install sun solaris operating system on my dell laptop which is a intel processor.Where can i download the operating system in which i can install all the features i.e network cards and all the device drivers. I had downloaded the operting system from the sun site.But in which i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: testerindia25
6 Replies

6. Solaris

how to get the root password or how to install Sun OS?

I just got a used sun ultra enterprise 450 and need to get a username and password. If I cannot get easily how do I reinstall the OS. What OS can I put on its? I am new to some equipment. It also came with a a storage unit for extra hard drives and how would I use it and set it up also? It now... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob5731
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Install RHEL 5 in Sun platform ?

Dear Friends , Is it possible to install Redhat Linux Ent 5 (or other Linux distro) in sun solaris spark v220 ? If it is possible then plz help me to give any documentation . Thx in advance ... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

8. Solaris

how to install dbx in sun box

Hi All, I want to install dbx on Sun box, Please help me how to install it and where i get the dbx free software for Sun Solaries 9 OS. Thanks in Advance..... Regards, Sridhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script is aborting if there is no file

HI! Iam running two scripts in my unix server First script is Splitting a file containing 300 records each with .tmp extension for eg Z_PRICE_NEW.tmp Second script is converting .tmp to.txt for file in Z_PRICE_NEW_2*.tmp ; do mv $file `echo $file |sed 's/\(.*\.\)tmp/\1txt/'`;done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohdtausifsh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Sparc 20 Jumpstart install :(

Hello, I'm having all kinds of trouble jumpstarting some SS20's. After hunting around the newsgroups I find that this seems to be a fairly common problem with no real answer. Here's a brief: SS20, 50mhz, 256mb blah blah. - Client E250 blah blah - J/start server. 10/100bt Network.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question