Abort core dumped!!!!

Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Abort core dumped!!!!
# 1  
Old 07-07-2003
Data Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All,

I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home)

And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating "Abort core dumped". When i checked the core file the message read as "swapfile only valid if -k".

What could be the problem. Is it that the partitin on which the files are getting created is not mounted with proper options(cos earlier also i have ran the application with equal amount of data but then the output was on the same partition and also i had unmounted the parition whcih is storing the output now and mounted it back again).

Thanks in advance
# 2  
Old 07-09-2003
Quote:
When i checked the core file the message read as "swapfile only valid if -k".
What command are you using to check the file? Is this a system dump or just a core file from the application?
What is the application?

The man page for adb shows the following:
-k Performs kernel memory mapping. Use when corefile is a
system crash dump or /dev/mem, or when using a swap-
file.

I think the error has nothing to do with the application but in how you are using adb.
# 3  
Old 07-10-2003
HI Hoghunter,

What command are you using to check the file?
I am using Exceed which is gui to my unix server.in exceed i have to right click and i get some options, one of them is "Show Stack using adb", this opens the core file and displays the message.

Is this a system dump or just a core file from the application?
The core file is from the application(it got created in the application's folder, i guess it is from the app. How do you know a system dump?)

What is the application?
The application is actually a reporting software.(Actuate)

The core dump is from the Application.

Zing
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

(core dumped) | gjar

hello, when i make gcc 4.4.2 i get this message find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class' -print | \ gjar -cfM@ $here/libgcj-4.4.2.jar /bin/sh: line 2: 32730 Done find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleppos
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

i am getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) on solaris, but when i run the same program with same input on linux it runs successfully. How can i trace the fault in program on solaris. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
6 Replies

3. Programming

Memory Fault,Core dumped

I have written a code in UNIX which is complied by using g++. Compling with turbo C didnt yield any errors, but with g++ I am getting Memory fault, core dumped. Could anyone help me out with this? Given below is the code: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include<stdlib.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Fault - Core Dumped

I use SCO UNIX 5.07 on a Compaq Proliant Machine. Each time I press the Escape or Delete key while running a program or issuing a FoxBase+ command from the dot prompt, I receive the error message: "Memory Fault - Core Dumped" and the screen locks up immediately. I would appreciate if necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayuz
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

examine core file after abort()

I'm running Red Hat Linux 2.6.7 on a x86_64 box. I have a core file from a program that called abort(). Does anyone here know how can I get a backtrace? (Re-creating the error with svd running inside gdb has proved impossible). % gdb svd core.25223 GNU gdb Red Hat Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svact
2 Replies

6. BSD

stack overflow in function psync_status Abort (core dumped)

I am running Open BSD 3.8 (3.5 upgrade) on a Pent Pro. 200, 64 Megs Ram, Nvedia Vanta TNT 16 Megs, Realtech 8139 Nic. When running ifconfig -a I get this error back. I've run searches on google no deal. I can get Stack overflow or psync, but not both. So I would really like to know how to fix it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcpreach
0 Replies

7. Programming

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

what r the situations to receive an error msg like the one below Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus Error Core Dumped

I faced following problem while restoring root backup Server : Compaq Proliant 6000 OS SCO : Unixware 7.0 #tar - xvf /dev/rmt/ctape1 After extracting some files following error message occurred and process stopped # BUS ERROR CORE DUMPED What may be the problem? How to avoid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j1yant
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dumped

what is segmentation core dumped? how should i respond? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello To All! Now anfd then I receive a message on my console: Segmentation fault (core dumped) What does it mean? Or more precisely what are the implications? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question