installing perl modules

Hi All,

I have a customer asking me to install these perl modules on redhat 4 ent:

File::Temp
Getopt::Long
DBD::mysql
Mail::Mailer
DBD:SmilieB2

Any idea how can I install those modules.

Thanks for any comment you may add.
# 2  
Old 06-27-2009
You will need to invoke cpan.

Code:
perl -MCPAN -e shell

Next Install the modules you need.

Code:
cpan> install File::Temp

Google can provide you with tons of useful information on installing perl moudules.

Jaysunn
# 3  
Old 06-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by itik
File::Temp
Getopt::Long
DBD::mysql
Mail::Mailer
DBD:SmilieB2
File::Temp is included in the standard distribution since 5.6.1, and Getopts::Long should be there too. The DBD and Mail modules should be in your distributions repositories.
# 4  
Old 06-29-2009
If they aren't, there are pretty good examples on how to install them even manually, by invoking "perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install."
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Modules installation in one go.

Hi, I have a task to install a list of perl modules in several servers. It's very tedious task to install it one by one through CPAN. Can I have option in CPAN to feed that list so that it install all the modules. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl modules installation

I have installed perl in windows. Now I would like to install spreadsheet::xlsx & DateTime::Format::Excel modules(also few more) at a time instead of installing them seperately. Could you please let me know how to install more than 1 module as a batch file in windows OS ? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Installing Multiple Perl Modules at Once

How could one install multiple Perl modules at once. I tried and get this at the cli: perl -MCPAN -e'install Crypt::DES Digest::CRC Digest::MD4 IO::Pty IO::Socket::SSL WWW::Mechanize Crypt::PasswdMD5 Net::Write' Can't locate object method "PasswdMD5" via package "Crypt" at -e line 1. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installing GD Perl graphics modules

I'm on Mac OSX, I *think* I succeeded in installing libpng. I can see usr/local/lib/libpng.dylib and its brethren are in place after executing ./configure nd and the holy make install. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewduncan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing perl modules

I resulted to using /usr/sfw/bin/gmake to install my perl modules until i ran into a problem installing perl/Tk Tk-804.028 gmake: Entering directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' Sorry no HTML building yet gmake: Leaving directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' I dont unstand what the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameskay
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting used perl modules

Hi, I am trying to extract the includes from all the perl programs in my application space;ie. i want the list of all used modules in my application. First i did a grep like 'grep -r "^use.*;$" * > ~dileepp/search.txt' which gives me the output in the form "filename:line containing use"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
0 Replies

8. Programming

Best Method for installing Perl Modules

Which is the perferred method of installing Perl modules on a Unix system? Is is CPAN or manually installing them via a tar file? Also can anyone point me in the right direction to a decent "how to" on configuring CPAN and how to perform custom installs from a tar? thanks:b: (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Programming

Installing perl modules manually

I am trying to install a perl module using a tar file and am having trouble doing so. I see that on the system there are two version of perl installed. /usr/bin/perl -v /usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-64int ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Modules

I have a script that uses the File::Listing module. I am trying to install it, but I read the ReadMe and it states that the following modules should be installed first: URI MIME-Base64 HTML-Parser libnet Digest-MD5 Compress-Zlib I am very new to Perl and would apprciate anyone's input on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question