list of default umask by user

Operating Systems AIX list of default umask by user
# 1  
Old 09-23-2005
Question list of default umask by user

Hi,

Do you know if it's possible to have the user list with their umask on AIX system ?
I need to check if they are OK but with smit and user by user, it will take all the day. Smilie

An idea ?

Thx a lot.
# 2  
Old 09-28-2005
cat /etc/security/limits if you have the access
# 3  
Old 09-29-2005
Thx for your answer but I did'nt find the umask field in this file.
I have only the following fields :
fsize = -1
core = 2097151
cpu = -1
data = 262144
rss = 65536
stack = 65536
nofiles = 2000
fsize_hard = -1

Smilie
# 4  
Old 09-29-2005
Ok just cat /etc/security/user
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default umask setting during ftp AIX

Hi, I have set below option in following file /etc/inetd.conf in AIX. ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd -u 2 But still it created the file with permission (640): -rw-r----- 1 ftptosas ftpusrg 6091 Jul 28 12:23 diff_061920.txt Required permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mageshpsv01
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change umask for apache user

Hi, I need to change the umask for apache user so that the other group memebers have write access to the files. The apache user has no login shell running under centos 5.6. Currently apache user have 022 umask and i need to change to 002 so that other group memeber can have write access to that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting default permissions without umask or cron jobs

I've got a number of people sending files to me in different directory structures, and users on many different groups who need access to these incoming paths. My problem is that umask assumes a default of 666 for files. No execute bit, meaning that my users can't even see the incoming folders.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karunamon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting umask 022 by default to my profile

Hello everyone, I want to set my properties of my profile to umask 022 by default. I have an idea that i need to make the change in .profile file. Can you please help me, on how would i be able to set it. Thanks, Abhishek S. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
4 Replies

6. AIX

default umask setting during ftp

Hi all, How do i change the default primary group of files uploaded in AIX (via ftp) in such a way that the files will be owned by tom:staff? I understand that the default file permission can be set in /etc/profile for aix by adding a new line umask=032 Do I add a line in umask as well?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
5 Replies

7. AIX

FTP user and Umask issue

Guy's I have user ID created in AIX calld FTPuser in AppServer Umask for this user ( FTPuser ) is umask 002 from my workstation I'm doing as the following ftp Appserver Connected to Appserver. 230 User FTPuser logged in. put testfile.sh file will be transferd but the issue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Umask

I need to set a umask of 022 for my ssh sessions, or within my profile. I have set the umask in both bash_profile and bashrc. and when i run umask i get 0022 but when i create a file i get, # touch test.txt # ls -l test.txt -rw------- 1 root root 0 Apr 26 12:25 test.txt it seems like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felix001
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing default permissions -without "umask"-...

Hi! My question is this: Is it possible to change the default permissions in UNIX (666 for files and 777 for directories)?. I am not talking about using the command "umask". I mean, with the command "umask" you can modify permissions from a default permissions x. Is it possible to make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicoGuapo
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question