trying to create a virtual database..

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users trying to create a virtual database..
# 1  
Old 09-05-2004
Lightbulb trying to create a virtual database..

Smilie I like Vibhory2 like the idea of tapping into the kernel.. although not as indepth as he/she... i want to create a virtual databse of a few ma chines with connectivity and defiinte knowledge to create it.. I havebeen working on the project for a year now.. ! before unix (1 year exactly) i dwelled on the same question for six years using different appratus and windows. but to no avail.. now i seem be getting somewhere and quiet quick.. although I have thought about what it would take to create a virtual databse .. I would like to hear from an expert what a virtual database configuartion would consist of where the operating system is the core of the layout structure and the necessary tools to create such a \<Function\>... . mailnly the process of taking that step further than just a databse.

would like to hear ! thanx moxxx68
{ps.. I am learning C too.... like Vibhory2 the language of choice is C other than shell scripting... }Smilie
# 2  
Old 09-06-2004
Java Issue

So you want to make a database? Well, you can do it with A certain version of unix, but I might need to know your version you are using now. You can create one easily on freeBSD and as soon as you turn it on you will know how. You can download freeBSD By Clicking Here and that will take you to a site. Look for freeBSD on the screen and you will be able to see it. Download all the startup disks(I reccomend Sparc) and install.

Cheers,
ComputekSmilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie
computek
# 3  
Old 09-07-2004
Question fedora core 2 (5 version i think)

Smilie actually I am more interested in the BSD software than I am in the linux software.. but I seem to be content with the fedora right now which I only installed a couple of weeks ago.. would like to take a look at it before eventually making the jump to BSD software. is there a book or site that will enhace what I have already managed to do over the last year creating filesystems, command structures, set scripts, and few other things that just got me started on the first level of trying to do this.. i need ideas.. ideas I can put to use and I don't know where to look even though I read like a madman...
thanx moxxx68....Smilie Smilie
# 4  
Old 09-07-2004
Java Issue

I don't know...The library.

ComputekSmilie
computek
# 5  
Old 09-07-2004
Java Issue

LOL just joking...but really you'd find one at the library.Smilie
computek
# 6  
Old 09-07-2004
Computer school library...

Smilie the library I go to is a college library and i have been through quite a few books including power tools.. I can't say I undersood everything but!! also the selection is limited.. what I need is either a university library where they impliment the full selection or someone who knows some good books I can order through the library..
thax moxxx68Smilie
# 7  
Old 09-10-2004
Re: school library...

Quote:
Originally posted by moxxx68
Smilie the library I go to is a college library and i have been through quite a few books including power tools.. I can't say I undersood everything but!! also the selection is limited.. what I need is either a university library where they impliment the full selection or someone who knows some good books I can order through the library..
thax moxxx68Smilie
OHHH>>>THE LIBRARY
computek
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a virtual switch from 2x10g card to 4 Ldoms?

Hello Guys, Can some help me with a configuration from 2x10g cards to 4 Ldoms and a Vlan configuration, Solaris 11 dladm show-phys LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE net0 Ethernet up 1000 full ixgbe0 net1 Ethernet ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roly
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Advice on allocating SAN storage to a virtual database server on VMware

I am relatively new to Linux and we are getting ready to convert our current oracle database servers from the AIX platform to RHEL7 servers on VMWare. I would appreciate any advice on how best to allocate storage to these machines. I plan on using LVM to maintain the disks/filesystems but am... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkmartin
9 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC. I want to lean KVM bios Logical Volume Management by KVM and other problem fix remotely.So,I want to practice on my PC.It,s Possible then how? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domaingood
0 Replies

4. Programming

Create a database in C

Hey, I have this basic server thing going on and I can't seem to allocate memory correctly and I can't access the memory after I allocated it. I was hoping people might suggest methods of doing this. I was thinking of using the socket file descriptor to reference the users. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
14 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create virtual disks in solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 10g release 2 on solaris 10 Zone. I want to configure ASM in local Zone using virtual disks in place of real disks. I have configured ASM using virtual disks in place real disk in Solaris 10 Global zone. How i can do in local Zone Kindly guid me with proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

7. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Virtual disk to create and partition

I have to do this exercise: Create a virtual disk Partition this disk Create File system Mount File System I'm using Minix (which runs by Qemu as guest machine) on Linux (Host) Is there anybody who knows how to solve first three point? :confused: Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
4 Replies

9. AIX

how to create virtual terminals

Hello All! I want to know how to create virtual terminals in aix. As in Linux, simply by using Ctl-Alt-F1-F6 keys, i can switch to any of the 6 corresponding virtual terminals. But i dont know how to do that in AIX. Also if I access an AIX server through remote desktop, will the method to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anubhuti
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX - how to create virtual interface

OS - HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777 Anyone know how to set up a virtual interface on HP-UX? I've looked quickly through docs.hp.com and searched this site. No luck. And my HP Guru is sleeping today. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question