Caluculate time between 2 unix timestamps?

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Caluculate time between 2 unix timestamps?
# 1  
Old 12-12-2001
Question Caluculate time between 2 unix timestamps?

Does anyone know a perl script/utility/etc. to calculate the time in seconds between two unix time stamps?

Any help will be appreciated.

-bozzhawg
# 2  
Old 12-13-2001
Just subtract timestamp2 from timestamp1.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two timestamps and print elapsed time

Hi, I am unable to Difference between two time stamps in Linux and display the total elapsed time . Source date: Aug 15, 2012 02:00:03 Target date: Aug 14, 2012 18:00:03 # based on the forums I am using the below function. Converted dates into this format Src_dt=20120814180003... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating time windows from logfile timestamps

Hey all. I am working on some scripts in bash to perform a variety of functions; there are a variety of steps involved, and they must happen in a specific sequence; what I need help with is a way to calculate some differences in a timestamp in a logfile. One of the steps in the scripts I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danowar
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to find time difference between 2 timestamps?

HI All, can some one please help me how to fine the difference between two time stamps say a= Nov 10, 2009 9:21:25 AM b= Nov 10, 2009 10:21:25 AM I want to find difference between the a & b I googled and tried with some options but no luck. My OS is AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bandlan9
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamps

Can someone help me with a Unix or perl script to convert the unix timestamps to human readable format? Any help will be highly appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DiffElapsed time between unix timestamps help needed...

Does anyone know a perl script/utility/etc. to calculate the time in seconds between two unix time stamps? Any help will be appreciated. -bozzhawg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bozzhawg
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question