Check free diskspace

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Check free diskspace
# 1  
Old 12-19-2013
Check free diskspace

Hi all,

I would like to know what was the free disk space available in my system for last two days back. I know how to check free disk space by command below.

Code:
df -h

But i want to know the same outcome for last two days back. Please help me.

Reg,
Mastan

Last edited by joeyg; 12-19-2013 at 01:01 PM..
# 2  
Old 12-19-2013
Sorry, but unless you have mastered time travel, there is no easy way to do this.
# 3  
Old 12-19-2013
You would have needed to run the command back when you wanted the result, then you could check the shell log.
# 4  
Old 12-19-2013
On some of my servers I've setup monitoring scripts that will run 'df -h' daily and save the output to a file I can access when I want too. Or, maybe you want to run a tool like nagios or zenoss to handle this for you.
# 5  
Old 12-20-2013
Can we see last two diskspace from logs, any idea ?

Reg,
Mastan
# 6  
Old 12-20-2013
Unless you have set up some monitoring / auditing to record that, no.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DiskSpace Error

Hi, While am preparing the script for diskspace for different partitions different threshhold limit. am getting below error: ./test.sh: syntax error at line 5: `space=$' unexpected Script ==== #!/bin/sh df -h |grep -v '/oradata2'|grep -v '/orabkp' |grep -v '/oradata5' | awk '{ print $5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan83
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]elimination with diskspace

dear all, i want elimination file with disk space for example: $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 62G 19G 41G 31% / /dev/sda1 99M 13M 82M 13% /boot tmpfs 1014M 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check free space for a metadevice in a diskset

Anyone know then command to check the unallocated disk space for a metadevice in a disk set? like: /dev/md/data/dsk/d830 Something similar to veritas command below is what I'm looking for: vxassist maxgrow <volume> ---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager

I 've 300Gb Lun assigned to my system which has soft partitions , is there any way to check how much the space i have used out of 300Gb ? and how may more soft partitions i can create and expand the existing ones ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Check free space in SVM

how can we check the free space in SVM for a LUN .. I 've a 300G LUN and created several soft partitions on it but now i want to know how much i can grow .. i.e how much space is left on this 300G LUN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to check free/total Memory in AIX

Friends , i have a question how to check the total memomry and free memory in AIX, We have vmstat ,svmon and topas commands.Which command among the will give the true figure. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalbhan
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diskspace

Hi there, pls help me, i have a problem, how i can find out the disk amount of each harddisk per command (not the on label on the Harddisk) i need it on HP UX and Sun. can anybody helb me???? pls thanks Scotty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question