Need *ONLINE* UNIX Scripting Resource

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need *ONLINE* UNIX Scripting Resource
# 1  
Old 02-03-2006
Need *ONLINE* UNIX Scripting Resource

Hello,

Can any of your UNIX gurus recommend a good online resource for learning UNIX scripting? I'll be doing a little bit of it, but not enough for me to feel motivated enough to go out and buy a book on it. Well, that, and I'm cheap!

dstins
# 2  
Old 02-03-2006
# 3  
Old 02-03-2006
# 4  
Old 02-03-2006
Thanks, I will check those out!

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Power HA 6.1 Bring Resource group online issue

Hi all, I have the following in hacmp.out for bringing Resource group online. Volume groups themselves are Enhanced-Capable and on each node I can varyon and mount filesystems. +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs STATUS=0 +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs typeset -li STATUS +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix online training

Hi, I am very new to unix shell scripting.I want to learn shell scripting to a moderate level. could any one of you suggest me who can give an online training on unix shell scripting . I am opting for online training as I am working in day hours . If any experts here are giving any online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text book / online resource for learning to program at system/kernel level

Is there any book/resource that one can refer to, to be able to write programs at kernel/system level.. I'm looking for a programming book that could serve as a guide to write kernel codes / system level programming etc.. I have Tannenbaum's Design and Implementation. It addresses theoretical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Resource Optimization

Hi all........... Please, Anyone Tell me About How to Optimize Unix/Linux Resources to the Best use of them??????? And also specify if there is some tools for it. Thanks in Advance... Regards Kuldeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks47
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX emulator for Korn Shell scripting

Hi, I am very new to UNIX and I wanted to know if there is any online UNIX emulator in which I can practice Korn shell scripting. I have internet access, but my machine's OS is Windows XP. I just had my UNIX fundamental class and wanted to practice some shell scripting. I am not in a position to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eswasas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Online/downloadable Shell Scripting book

Greetings All!! I am looking out for a comprehensive shell scripting book (unix & linux). I would request you to kindly post the links to get donwloadable/online books. I would prefer for the "Linux and Unix shell programming" by David Tansley. Any help will be highly appreciable. Cheers ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arminder
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question